Inn at Glen Alpine
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Wireless internet connection in room (free)
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Non-smoking hotel
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
TripAdvisor Reviews Inn at Glen Alpine
Travel Blogs from Glen Alpine
... one mile above sea level and is so tied down with steel ropes wouldn't have a hope of swinging we thought. However we were surprised at the lack of fencing or signage to warn of the huge drops from the rocks. Perhaps we have got used to Australia and New Zealand with the strong influence on health and safety.
There is also wild animal viewing at Grandfather Mountain however the animals are actually fenced in. We did see a brown bear up close though so that was ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...
I guess the other Miller guys got tired of writing on this thing, so you' re stuck with Emery for this time around. Yesterday after the day's main activities we caught some free time, and decided to spend it taking a hike up Lookout Mountain, one of the tree covered summits that encloses the heart of Montreat. It was a pretty steep trek underneath the shroud of lush green leaves and branches. There was even ...
The road trip was great - we made it with 10 minutes to spare (that's an eternity!). Pearson had created a sweet road trip playlist and the time flew (even with multiple traffic jams along the way). Spectacular scenery. Rising temps at every stop. Good laughs. Great conversation about everything and nothing. Yet another sabbatical ...
... drive with apple orchards dotting the countryside although none are opened yet.
When we got to Chimney Rock we just wandered around the town going in and out of shops. We always try to find some small trinket to remind us of our trip so we were sort of looking for that. We decided to eat at River Walk restaurant and we ate outside where we could look down on the river and the river walk. Our plans were to come back later ...