Imperial Impala Hotel
Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... and clubs. Outside one, was a person in a very very tight dress, which showed off a huge pair of breasts “Jesus, look at that, let’s go in there” Dan almost shouted, and before I could stop him, he had dived over the street and was negotiating the entry price, which was free anyway. “Mate, maybe another club would be better?” I asked, “No, let’s get in there, ‘He who dares Rodney’” he shouted, ...
... for breakfast, Tika Marsala for lunch, a Big Mac for dinner, and fried scorpion for desert, all washed down by a 'tower' of Singha? Sure, you can do that. Need to book a cheap room for the night, a train to Chaing Mai, boat to Koh Tao, and flight to London, all at 3 A.M.? Easy. Want a dragon tattoo, nock-off designer handbag, a new suit, and a 4-hand massage (either legitimate, or not), all for less than $100? No problem. And it's not just for tourists...look around ...
So I'm not going to lie, being in Bangkok now for over a week has been a great change to the usual "GO! GO! GO!" mentality that we seem to have. It's just that in retrospect, we really don't have much time at all to experience even a fraction of the possibilities that are right here in South East Asia. So of course, the need to experience all that you can at every possible moment always remains present, but having a home ...
... the banks, we could have done that all day! Back on dry land we headed towards the elephants for our ride, they were on the other side of the river with the only passing route via a rickety old wooden bridge that swayed in the wind and you had to mind your step as there were a few holes in the floor! Ontop of our elephants were more stunning views of the river and green valleys, the elephant that James and Rochelle had had a baby following her, and half way through the ride ...
... of these shanty river houses, but I did have to chuckle at the sky dishes that hung from numerous roofs.
On arrival at Taling Chan Floating Market I was surprised at how normal the whole scenario seemed. Perhaps it was the numerous photos that we have seen or maybe the fact that this was relatively small.
River fish were being cooked here, hundreds of them could be seen from the floating restaurants. As we headed for land the Thai music played under ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Imperial Impala Hotel Bangkok
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotel
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $185
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $250
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $34
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $60
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $94
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $207
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $44
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $147
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $130
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $249
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $109
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotel$133 average
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $99
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotel$190 average
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $190
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $3,100
- Great value.
- A bit of a disappointment
- A decent hotel, but far from transit options