The Harold Warp Pioneer Motel
TripAdvisor Reviews The Harold Warp Pioneer Motel Minden
Travel Blogs from Minden
... awhile but with every day and especially 15 days it is a little tender. :) :) Thank god the beds usually have pillow tops! Left Colorado this morning and traveled thru Vail and a couple of ski areas along route 70. Air temperature 49 degrees moving at around 70-75 it was chilly too say the least. When we got to our 1st gas stop about 2 hours later Shane said he was cold, so you know it was cold! Colorado is ...
- Took 3 and a half hours to get here.
- Parked and took a nice walk around part of the lake.
- Ate some beef jerky
- Watched the cranes hunt
- Saw them get fish and swallow them whole.
- after an hour we had had enough and decided to get back on the road.
Our first decent storm on this trip was last night in Grand Island when a thunder-boomer rolled through dropping a half inch of rain at 3am. Fortunately, nothing serious and all was clear by 6:30am when Mike hopped on his bike and headed out into the countryside for a 21-mile ride. After breakfast with JoAnn at Tommy's diner and short visits with JoAnn's kids, Justin and Alicia, we made the short 40-mile trip to Kearney ...
- It's now about 8 o clock in the morning.
- We fill up with gas.
- Go to a Walmart and pick up some more snacks and drinks.
- We pass out in the parking lot until 4 in the afternoon.
- We look up what there is to do in the area and find a pawnee earth lodge.
- This was pretty cool because I I didn't realize the Native ...
We stumbled upon this attraction in the farmlands if Nebraska... It's a giant archway over the freeway with a historic western museum. We didn't go up into the museum (a little behind on time) but they had other cool things to explore outside including a human maze, a earth lodge and a giant statue of a bison. A small treat from the monotonous car ride through the Great Plains of ...