The Lion at Settle
- Free High-Speed Internet
- High-speed internet in room
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Wireless internet connection in room (free)
- Breakfast Available
Photos of The Lion at Settle
TripAdvisor Reviews The Lion at Settle
Travel Blogs from Settle
... a little train station too, which runs down to the southern end of the Lake District , and a ferry port which takes you back up to Bowness. Sat and had lunch in the station cafe, sausage rolls all round pretty much! Went in the aquarium after lunch which was really nice! Looked on the small side initially but perfect size really. Lots if fish but also frogs, snakes, ants etc - a wide variety. They had ...
... I spent this past weekend up north in Bradford visiting a friend I met in New Zealand! A fun, well needed weekend. And as Vanessa said to me last night, I'm sounding like myself again. I lost myself in the last few weeks but it's all sorted now... Other than what to do after March 11!!! ;) I'm pulled in many different directions and I dont know which way I'm meant to go. I do know there at ...
... Jamie's italian for dinner. We started with a cured meats platter which unfortunately was not that great. But in saying that, we just came from Europe where cured meats are their specialty. For dinner I got a linguine in a tomato sauce and prawns and Jordan got a burger. They were very nice. After dinner we went back to the White cross for one more and made our way back for an early night. As most of you know, we had issues with our flights so we have now been travelling for ...
... self : Quito to Lima)!
5. Life without wifi (or more to the point, the people you can contact using wifi) can be lonely
6. MasterCard is not that useful in South America. Use Visa. But not when the only card you have is your debit card linked to a current account and charges 13% interest on transactions in the rainforest (note to self) they do happen
7. Bus stations house some of the world's strangest people. The less time spent in them, ...
... shaped bay is surrounded by mountains that taper into the sea. With their jagged cliffs, they thought the mountain range resembled the tail of a dragon (but they had been smoking weed).
Getting to the Land of the Magic Dragon is no mean feat. Over 18 hours flying time and two plane changes eventually gets you to the little ...