The Gem Hotel New York Clarion
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews The Gem Hotel New York Clarion New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... couldn’t afford to shop here. Food is an issue …. We can’t find much in the way of healthy food. It seems that hotdogs and hamburgers are everywhere but that’s about it. The only supermarkets that we have found are three quarters full of pharmacy products and have very little food.
I am writing this while looking out our hotel window at Madison Square Gardens just across the road, Thanks Vanessa, it is a great position as you mentioned. ...
... memorial which was made by Italian artisans on the death of John Lennon. The locals say that Yoko does come out into the park, but only early in the mornings. What a life- living in a fish bowl; celebrities can have it!
We thoroughly enjoy our ride and thank Stan for his informative and very interesting commentary.
Then we are on our way. We have a couple of hours to kill before our Top of the Rock time, so we check out the surrounding area. We enjoy ...
Our first stop off the bus was the Rockefeller Centre. We did what they call The Top of the Rock. We went up to the Observation Deck. Pretty impressive. Fantastic views of New York. Great photo opportunities.
Our next stop was the Empire State Building. Think 'A Affair to Remember' and 'Sleepless in Seattle'. Although Rockefeller is newer I felt the Empire was more ...
... a lot more enjoyable walking around the park without feeling like your hands are about to fall off from the cold. In the afternoon we made our way down to the West Village to meet Nick to watch the USA vs. Portugal game (apparently it was the most watched football game ever in the US!). The only sporting event to eclipse it this year was the SuperBowl!! Oh how times have changed in the US for football (Soccer).The pub was packed ...
... found it. We did find a lovely spot where you can see the Bethesda fountain across the lake and there was a whole family of turtles there. The ramble also boasts fabulous bird sightings. I can see why it’s a fave among birders.
We made our way out the other side eventually somehow and down by the boathouse then out along the east side of the park down to the south. We stopped and had ice cream at a vendor along the way and passed through ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!