The Gem Hotel New York Clarion
Travel Blogs from New York City
... and it had a great atmosphere. It was different to hear the Long Island accent! Noelle was working but we managed a good catch up, plus she was handing me free drinks all afternoon!
Today (Monday) I went to the 9/11 Memorial site with a girl I met at the hostel, Lisa. The 9/11 Memorial Museum only opened 2 weeks ago and it was something I really wanted to go to after seeing the site last year. To start with, it was huge- I was there for over ...
... in public. A closet is no place for any human being to live and we are proud of the life we have built together. Most of all, it will be good to see friends and family and our fur baby, Harley!! We have a lot of exciting changes awaiting us when we return. Our immediate move from DC to NYC tops that list. Finding a place to live, Andie starting her medical residency in July, Shanny finding a ...
... was to then go the Rockefeller Center and go to the top to take some night photos. However, due to a cock-up in our planning we didn't buy our ticket earlier in the day, so when we eventually arrived there was a 3 hour waiting time........ So we thought, never mind we'll do it tomorrow night instead........
We headed back towards Times Square to take some night photographs
We then got the 9:20pm train back to the hotel.
... out immediately!
The next day was our wedding and we were all in a fair amount of pain. Now, this reminds me why NO ONE should have anything resembling a hen-do, the day before their wedding!! Unfortunately when sisters arrive the night before it almost seems inevitable! So we were slower getting going in the morning than we might have planned. Meeting Taylor at half 12, it was 1pm before we headed out to lunch, with the original plan being to meet our Officiant, ...
... of people everywhere at everything are immense, so we made a decision that a ClarkTour was required in order to get on the next ferry in 25 minutes to Ellis Island. This involves moving at a fast pace, no dawdling, no audio tour headset, coats off before the security guard asks for it etc. We raced off the ferry into the pedestal queue, ate our apples in the line, but forgot that I had some almonds in my handbag so were picked up at security. ...
TripAdvisor Reviews The Gem Hotel New York Clarion New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!