The Gem Hotel New York Clarion
Travel Blogs from New York City
... of handbags in Florence but I have seen shop and shop of just handbags.
After Maceys we went to Madison Square Garden but alterations were going on and we couldn't see the arena.
Back to drop of the parcels and have some lunch. By now the sun was out so back up to the Empire State and on to the 86th floor for a 360 view of NY. Very similar experience to the S***********don.
... i had remembered from previous visits this is the best view i have seen of the city. It was amazing and the best possible way for us to say goodbye to New York....goodbye to our Travels.
After a short walk in Central Park we spent over an hour on Subways and skytrains till we arrived at JFK Airport. We checked in and our flight left on time at 7:30pm. After a short stop in Heathrow we boarded out flight to Edinburgh.
A wet start to the day in NYC, meant a sleep in to finally knock jet lag on the head. When the heavens cleared, I made my way to the top of 5th Ave and high end designer 'window' shopping! Barney's, Cartier, DKNY, Tiffany's etc. - I walked past all of them. Had to check it out but this part of NY is lost on me a bit. However, did check out the famous toy emporium FAO Schwarz made famous by Tom Hanks in 'Big' where they dance on the floor piano. Strangely, they ...
... WTC Tower and the evening view from the observation deck of The Rockerfeller Center is also a nice add-on to my previous ESB and old WTC views. Going into and out of NY on a Friday rush-time with a bus is definately a winner!
Eating was a bagel in the morning and a nice burger at the Rock in the evening. Pictures to come ...
... mum, mum ...... that's Cali!!!!!". Anyway she was an absolute delight - I asked her if she would be willing to have a photo with the girls and she very politely said she was thrilled to meet them and grateful for their support but she was not doing any photos as she was there with her family but shook their hands to say hello - totally gracious!! She was seated a few rows in front of us so I think this added to the magic of Broadway for the ...
TripAdvisor Reviews The Gem Hotel New York Clarion New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $244
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $225
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $307
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $363
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $563
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $267
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $242
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $308
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $144
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $245
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $203
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $248
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $225
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $195
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $431
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $155
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!