The Drumlin Hotel
Travel Blogs from Glasgow
... remained in the United Kingdom.
On the right side of the map is Glasgow Cathedral (Cathedral St Mungo is considered the most significant historic building in Glasgow). High Street, one of the oldest street in Glasgow, just below it to the Glasgow Green is where our bus took us. ...
... gievn how many balls there were and it was the last match of the games) and so did the crowd as they booed loudly (you can just hear it in the background of the coverage). No more scoring after all that although India didn't let up. It was Gold, Gold, Gold for Australia. We thought the rain was bad during the match was bad, but after the final whistle, the heavens opened and only the brave (or the stupid) stayed in the stands. Even ...
... Station I felt a bit more experienced in getting around and made my way very well to the Hotel and settling in to wait for Jacki's arrival.
One must be very careful to look several directions, and then again before crossing the streets! The cars seem to be on the wrong side of the road all the time! ha ha
We started out the day with a tour of the Beatles Story. Now I have to admit that we aren't the biggest Beatles fans, but it was interesting seeing where and how they got started. They had music playing throughout the tour, and we caught ourselves humming along with some of them.
Continuing on we stopped at the English/Scottish border at Gretna Green. Historically, this is where young people ran ...
... the city. During the plague it got infested and spread disease so they filled it in and turned it into gardens that are there today and built the new part of the city on the other side of it You can see the difference in architecture either side of the gardens, old city and new city.
A bagpiper played the Aussi anthem and Waltsing matilda for me in the square!!
Other places to stay in Glasgow
City Centre, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Great Value and Location
- Fantastic Location
- Very Poor
City Centre, Glasgow | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- Needs refurbishing
- A relief
- Fantastic Stay at the Glasgow Marriott
City Centre, Glasgow | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- Rude service - if any
- Crisps and tissues under the bed and chairs
- Perfect weekend!
Abbotsinch Paisley, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Won't stay here again
- Excellent airport location
- Dreadful airport hotel
Cowcaddens, Glasgow | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Fantastic Time
- Fantastic stay
- Great Hotel, Rooms are a Normal Size, Good Rates
City Centre, Glasgow | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Fresh Modern Hotel
- Wonderful hotel in the heart of glasgow
- SAS - Such A Shame
City Centre, Glasgow | 5 star hotelfrom $170
- The best hotel in Scotland
- Hair Today
- Entrance Anyone?
City Centre, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $92
- Loved Glasgow
- Just as good 2nd time around
City Centre, Glasgow | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Have to agree...where are the four stars....???
- Where are your four stars???
- Very good
City Centre, Glasgow | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Good Central Hotel
- Just book it!
- Decent hotel on the edge of downtown
Kelvingrove, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Disappointed -- did the people stay different place ?
- Could'nt be more helpful
- Tip top!
Cowcaddens, Glasgow | 2 star hotelfrom $116
- Aircon - What a racket - and not even the Hotels!
- Do not use the website to book
- Good for the money
Anderston, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Jordanhill, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Unfair reviews
- A real case of inner beauty!
- Nice rooms but...
Cowcaddens, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $128
- What a disppointment!
- Great all round hotel
Maxwell Park, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Try this!
- Modern and clean
Kingston, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Good Service, Hotel Bit Past Its Best Though
- Don't go!
- Slightly aging.....
Merchant City, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Nothing wrong bar the price
- Great location
- Could not get away fast enough
Hutchesontown, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Average hotel, average quality
- Not bad for the money
- Good Value
Merchant City, Glasgow | 4 star hotelfrom $118
- An excellent choice
- Nice facility but lots of street noise
City Centre, Glasgow | 2 star hotelfrom $78
- Total let down
- Pay the extra money and go to a nice hotel!
- Dont stay here!!
City Centre, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Not That Bad
- Unfortunetly all reviews are correct
City Centre, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $114
- Some things to improve upon
- Not bad but could be better
Anderston, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- About the Corus, I join the chorus
- Clean & comfortable, near train station
- Loved the room,and check in Staff
Anderston, Glasgow | 2 star hotelfrom $76
City Centre, Glasgow | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Chilled Out
- Looking Dated