TripAdvisor Reviews The Dorset New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... anew over that terrible day. After a scenic drive out of NY, across Connecticut from southwest to northeast corners (took only a couple of hours) and into Massachusetts, we decided never again to be haters of California roads. These are equally torn up and bounced us like a bucking bronco. This past winter’s incredible, record snowfall here is getting all the blame. Boston received 108.6 inches! ...
... in a row against the same team. We were there Saturday and that was game 3. Baseball is not the most exciting game ever, at least from my perspective. Jan and Willem remained reasonably patient whilst explaining the rules (which I have immediately forgotten again) but it wasn't a great game to watch. The Yankees were not having a good day eventually losing 6-2. Its never going to be my spectator sport of choice, I don't have the patience. ...
... far as the story went, I would have gone home happy having spent an evening at Yankee stadium with a true blue Yankees fan, and an extremely lovely, not to mention attractive one, at that...but there was to be one more twist in this tale! As we sat chatting away, eating nachos from a plastic baseball helmet, and drinking $12 pints of Heineken, that icon of American sporting culture, the 'kiss cam' sprang to life on the big screen, zooming around the crowd before settling on none ...
... Very passionate about the subject and had stories about many different things ranging from Washington' escape from the English, to why prostitures are called hookers in USA... ( They are named after a hook of land on the east river where they used to frequent)
Brooklyn Heights has some of the more expensive real estate in NYC and one property shown is on sale for 24 million ...
Today was a low key day to rest day to let my sore foot recover. We slept in and watched some Sons of Anarchy before chatting with Mum and Dad in the afternoon and grabbing some Chinese from access the road for lunch. Once it was dark we headed over to Central Park to go ice skating. It was one of the things I really wanted to do while we were in New York but as fate would have it with my ankle and foot being sore, I would miss ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!