No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews The Dorset New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... is so lovely, that after half an hour I had already booked us into a different hotel for our remaining nights. . . I had one pillow and had to share a bathroom with a bunch of strangers, it was horrendous. specifically because two out of four taps didnt work and two out of three toilet cubicles didn't lock...such fun. Still at least it had four walls... Including a window that was 50% corrogated plastic. . . We woke up really early this morning and ...
... travel months and weeks for basic needs? Do they still battle avalanche, snowstorm, frostbites to meet their bread and butter? Have the children played in school grounds and learnt about trees at least? I wondered.
Then I found a video - of a man who dares to walk the Himalayan passes for 18 days to fetch education to children who have never ever seen a tree, never ate regular rice and dal (SouthAsian staple food) . In the video, he narrates all the barriers ...
... tracks back to the hotel.
The next morning out tour guide Guy (pronounced Gee for some reason) picked us up at 8.50am. A young Canadian guy with a broken arm. He wasn't gonna be much use at taking photos of us. He hurried us into the back of his people carrier, and informed us that he thought we would probably be the youngest on today's tour. Pointless information, but he was right. We went to the Skylon Tower first. Another big tower with a lift ...
... reach Liberty Island and get our first proper look of the Statue of Liberty. She's smaller than I imagine and more green. I don't know why, but for some reason in my head I always pictured her white. Vaughan just looks at me like I'm crazy when I say this as he's clearly spent more time focusing on the detail.
All of our planning pays off at this point as we make our way to the crown. We see a huge line waiting outside of people desperate to get tickets only to ...
... got to go into the Security Council Chamber - the public used to be able to sit in the gallery, but due to security measures, this no longer happens. One other Chamber had a closed meeting going on and others seemed to be under construction. The hallways that we went down were full of information and displays and you could use your camera.
A few facts and figures for you: ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!