TripAdvisor Reviews The Dorset New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... the hotel also offered me free wifi for the duration of my stay. Bonus =) Thank you concierge!
After wandering Times Square a bit, I set off to meet my walking tour in Soho. Friday would be my main sightseeing day, and sightsee I did - just not quite the usual stuff. Our guide would take us through SoHo, Little Italy and Chinatown, giving us some history to the city and the immigrants that made up each neighborhood we passed through. SoHo - the cast iron district, one ...
... couldn’t afford to shop here. Food is an issue …. We can’t find much in the way of healthy food. It seems that hotdogs and hamburgers are everywhere but that’s about it. The only supermarkets that we have found are three quarters full of pharmacy products and have very little food.
I am writing this while looking out our hotel window at Madison Square Gardens just across the road, Thanks Vanessa, it is a great position as you mentioned. ...
... for brunch and to listen to the wannabe Broadway singers who waiter in the joint. Juliet and Rach went shopping afterwards and by the time they were back at the flat the sun was starting to come out so we decided to go for another walk around Central Park. Juliet and Rach picked up some frozen yogurt on route which looked and smelt amazing. In the early evening whilst we went for a run Juliet and Rach went for a swim and then to the ...
... of the park, fascinating stuff really. There is small section called Strawberry Fields and its a tribute to John Lennon as he was shot at his home just across the road from the park, see my pics.
Anyways I have managed to hang onto Darren so he cant ditch me anymore. We were meant to spend 2 nights at Time Square but apparently I got the dates wrong and we had to try and find accom for last night. Everything was fully booked ...
Well, what a start to our day! All slept well and caught up (possibly with exception of Rick, who will catch up tonight!).
Breakfasted and Rick put some bread to toast but forgot it and it burnt - neck min - smoke alarm started beeping but after a minute it stopped so we all relaxed. We could still hear a bell ringing but I decided it was the school bell so didn't worry too much. Fire engines then came down the street which we watched ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!