TripAdvisor Reviews The Dorset New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... and it was definitely part of our plan to try one at some point in our trip. The choice is endless but after lots of research by both Owen and I some months ago, we decided to go for Eleven Madison Park, a three Michelin star restaurant with no menu and no choices- just 14 small courses selected by the chef. The original plan was to book for our final evening but reservations opened at 9 am exactly 28 days in advance and ...
... smart clothes, and then caught the subway to the Highline. From there we walked into Greenwich Village looking for a nice pub and a good restaurant. We struggled to find anywhere that would allow the girls to sit inside or outside, but were lucky enough to come across the “Bar and Book Pub” on Hudson Street. A group of six 50+ year old fellas were sitting outside celebrating Father’s Day, smoking cigars and drinking - obviously regulars. They called us in ...
Our last day in New York was a lot more relaxed than the previous days. We had a quick breakfast on the way to Grand Central Station. An hour or so was spent exploring all the different corridors and corners of the station. It is a great place to people watch. After a final stroll through Times Square we decided to catch the train out to one of the beaches of New York. Our great plan was short lived as we watched the areas ...
... Bryant Park - which was a lot smaller than I'd expected- and New York Public Library. Visiting at the end of January is clearly a good time to visit the big attractions as we only waited a little while in the queue before we made it to the observation deck of the Empire State. The first thing we said when we walked outside was 'Wow'. It helped that we went on a sunny day, although it was still around -6 degrees, who knows how cold it was all that way up too! It was extremely windy ...
... Centre, looking at the Empire State Building as the lights gradually come on. Hard to believe we are here! As the sun set and the lights came on, it was just so beautiful. We just finished a tour of the Rockefeller Centre.... really interesting to hear the history of this place. Brooklyn Christmas Lights tour Tonight we went with the tour group 'A Slice of Brooklyn' to see the famous Christmas lights. ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!