Travel Blogs from New York City
... in my wallet at the moment. The Euro coins are a tad hard to identify as well and the Poms still use 1 and 2p coins as well.
Geez, this train is rocking around like a duck in the bathtub, it’s rather hard to type on this mini key board at the best of times but at the moment this would make a good eye-hand coordination test for NASA astronauts!
Wow, I finally have a connection! we are nearing Rutland, our ...
... flashing lights was incredible! Really hit me I was in NYC!!!! Got a little lost looking for a shop so met a NYPD person to tell us the way! :) At 10pm walked about 15-20 minutes to this place that was recommended to us called "the Australian" walked in and saw they had James Boags Beer, Coopers and Fosters and all these nice South Australian beers. The food they had was a Parma, met pie, sausage rolls, ...
... one back down to the 2nd floor. Finally we got back out out onto the street.
I'm glad we went up in the ESB, but it did try our nerves -- what with the expense and all the different queues we had to wait in to complete the experience (security, the ride, elevator to 80th floor, elevator (or stairs) to 86th floor, back down to 80th floor, back down to 2nd floor). Maybe someday they'll come up with a better way. I'm SURE the building wasn't designed way back in the 1930's ...
... I watched a few people eating them and it does seem messy. After this, we walked along the Highline, which is public park on top of an old elevated railway track. Its a cool idea for what was dead space. It was a hot day, so we spent a good part of the afternoon at the Standard Hotel in the Meatpacking district, drinking in the outdoor space. Very relaxing.
I wanted to show Yang Soho, so we walked ...
... at least we've got the basketball and Ice hockey tickets already!
Times Square on a Saturday evening just as jetlag hit again was a bit of a mistake, it was like Oxford Street the weekend before Christmas but with enough neon to light a small country. That said, it was the perfect place to buy a universal charger for the laptop as the one I brought with me was missing the earth bar!
TripAdvisor Reviews The Dorset New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $244
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $225
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $307
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $363
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $563
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $267
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $242
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $308
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $144
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $245
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $203
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $248
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $225
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $195
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $431
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $155
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!