The Carlton Hotel
Photos of The Carlton Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews The Carlton Hotel Melbourne
Travel Blogs from Melbourne
... it had burned down!
The next evening made up for it with our trip to the tennis. It was an easy tram ride to the arena
and we got there in plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere. Our seats were high up at the back, but we had a very good view. It was such a shame about the result but we saw some very exciting tennis
Next morning, an early start for the flight to Sydney.
... flake (shark) and chips at a small restaurant called Apollo Bay Seafood Café.
After Apollo Bay, the terrain changed dramatically, from hugging the coastline to driving through lush, green forest. For our next stop, we turned off the Great Ocean Road toward Cape Ottoway. The actual Great Ocean Road does not go to Cape Ottoway because there is no settlement there (although there is the oldest lighthouse in Australia). We were headed toward the Great Ocean Ecolodge, a ...
4) and... AMAZING food - Plentiful fresh herbs and bean sprouts, rich clear broth and wafer thin tender beef strips
It was good to see Johnny so happy, healthy and punctual!! (Who is this man??) Thanks bro - Muchos Appreciato.
We've always loved Melbourne and it was a really good pit-stop on this Excellent Adventure.
Ciao for now.
... back into the markets and got a character drawing done of the family and picked up some fruit, veg and meat for the week ahead. We went back into the city after lunch to say goodbye to mum and dad before heading to the cricket to watch Australia vs. South Africa in a 20/20 match. The Aussies flogged South Africa. It was a late night as we only got home just before midnight. Saturday morning we packed up and headed for the Great Ocean ...
... to the bar, up to hang from your knees, hands off and release to grasp the "catcher's" wrists with the swing back supposed to be a beautiful display of control as you do a half-twist return to your own bar but for me ended rather unspectaculary with the original bar swooshing above my head and a messy fall to the finish.
Having overcome last week's mental block, I told myself that today's workshop would be, well ...
Other places to stay in Melbourne
Docklands, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $175
- Brilliant Hotel & Staff
- Pleasantly surprised....
- Uncomfortable beds
Southbank, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Location, location, location
- Great Value for Money
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 5 star hotelfrom $241
- Westin is better
- Good location, great room
- Love it!
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $212
- We would love to go back
- Good choice for Melbourne
- Very Dissapointed
Southbank, Melbourne | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Fantastic Stay at Crown Towers!
- Very poor
- I love Crown - especially Crystal Club
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 2 star hotelfrom $95
- Great location...but...
- Watch out!! There might be a mouse in your room
- We never stay anywhere else
Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Melbourne | 3 star hotelfrom $185
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Two different experiences
- Fab view of the Airport, Kept my 2 year old happy.
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Good value, pleasant stay
- Good Location, Average accomodation
- Most enjoyable
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Good location
- Worst experience ever
- Great Location
Southbank, Melbourne | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Perfect experience
- Langham Melbourne Beaut Little Spot of Luxury
- Great first stop
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Above average
- Will not stay here again
- My Choice Always
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Okay weekend at Oaks on Market
- A good find
- Great hotel in a Great Location
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 3 star hotelfrom $145
- VERY dirty and outdated
- Really nice and good location!
- Asians Beware!
South Wharf, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $178
Southbank, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Lovely hotel
- Like an IKEA catalog
- Crown for Business
East Melbourne, Melbourne | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- Beyond What We Expected
- Gorgeous hotel, lousy service
- Park Hyatt
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Wow! A 5 Star European Style Aussie Hotel!
- Not bad, but not great
Melbourne, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 5 star hotelfrom $174
- Nice except for size and noise
- Gradually fading, but still one of the better choices
- Very unprofessional and under trained staff.
192 Wellington Parade, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $156
10-14 Centre Road, Melbourne | 3 star hotelfrom $163
- Es ist ein Holiday Inn
- Comfortable Airport Hotel
- Wouldn't go back
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 5 star hotelfrom $226
- Great - if it's your sort of style
- What you would expect from the Westin...
- The Ultimate Melbourne hotel
Melbourne, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $133
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- Fabulous Location
- Best place we stayed at in Oz
- Dig It!!!
Melbourne CBD, Melbourne | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Really good
- Great service at Saville
- Perfect holiday