The Camberley Club
Travel Blogs from Toronto
We drove into Corning on Tuesday morning and went to an enormous food store called Wegmans where we feasted with our eyes! Bought a picnic lunch and headed through the fast changing colours up to Niagara Falls. Found a park and had our picnic in the sun before getting to the Falls, which took our breath away. Went on the Maid of the Mist which motors right up into the pounding wash at the bottom of the horseshoe shaped falls. The noise and the wind and the spray ...
... true Canadian camaraderie, I enjoyed a very intimate conversation with the lady on my left about the pitfalls of public transport. Good old cross continent travel banter.
We then arrived and had a very tasty Chinese in a hall which sold everything including deep fried mars bars. We then checked out the arts and crafts centre, from animation to pretty pictures, candles to handbags! Next up, we looked round the Better Life centre, celebrating the ...
In less than 20 minutes the host nation, Brazil, will take on Chile in what would be a stern test for them against a well organized team coached by Jorge Sampaoli. The Chileans play attractive, high tempo game and they are not afraid to go forward, however, the history is not on their side against Brazil. Are we on for the shock of the tournament... or is this Brazilian team going to beat Chile comfortably?
Next is Colombia ...
Interesting facts about our pool and the most popular teams:
Out of the 32 teams, 31 teams were picked by the 11 participants... the only team that was not picked is THE DEFENDING WORLD CUP & EURO CUP CHAMPION... SPAIN!!!
Based on the results, the most popular team would consist of these teams:
Brazil, Italy/Uruguay, Portugal, Colombia, *****ia/Ivory Coast, Greece, Japan, Australia
Here is the breakdown and the number of times the teams ...
... downstairs! Better check it out. Bark, bark!
Bark, bark, bark, bark BARK! What’s going on? Where’s the action? Bark, bark! BARK!
Ah, nuts! Here comes the Man. Picks me up. Back upstairs. Tells me to go to bed. Well, this is a better spot. AM kinda tired. Circle, circle, circle. Tail seems ok. Feet? Ok.
Oh, he closed the door. Guess I’m not going anywhere now. Circle. ...
Other places to stay in Toronto
Downtown Toronto, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $152
- Save your money ....... Stay at another Hotel.
- Nice Hotel
- Wonderful weekend
Queen West, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- Fantastisch- Service, Essen, Unterkunft
- Richtig cooles Hotel!!! Komme sicher wieder.
- It's OK, but
Downtown, Toronto | 2 star hotelfrom $143
950 Dixon Road, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $101
Downtown, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- Southern Hospitality found in Canada?
- Great location
Yorkville, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Great location and price
- An excellent place to stay
Downtown Toronto, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Loved The Grand
- Best Hotel in Toronto
Downtown Toronto, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $130
- Comfortable and enjoyable stay
- Old and in need of a major make-over
- Convenient, clean, but could use better service
Toronto Pearson International Airport, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $127
- Nice hotel with a great view of the airport
- Customer Service?
- A great sleep
Downtown, Toronto | 2 star hotelfrom $113
The Annex, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- It was nice
- Great Hotel 10/10
Downtown, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $151
- Very good value
- Excellent Hotel- Highly Recommended
- O.K. hotel, not so good neighborhood
Entertainment District, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $178
- A very nice hotel
- Nice Hotel
- Just okay
Downtown Toronto, Toronto | 2 star hotelfrom $137
- Good location, okay rooms
- Nice Hotel
- Loved the Days Hotel
Downtown, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $118
- Alone in T.O. !
- A good night spoiled
- Surprisingly Good, Great Value
Queen Street West, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Stay Away
- Extremely noisy
- Forget it, stay somewhere nice
Entertainment District, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Attentive Service, Lots of Potential
- Great Service-rooms need more attention to detail
- Dreadful service
The Elms, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $90
Downtown Toronto, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $205
- Finally a residence-Inn in Downtown Toronto ! !
- Residence Inn-close to everything!
- Neues Juwel der Gruppe Marriott
Downtown Toronto, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- The bricks and mortar were fabulous, but not the experience
- Good place for single women travellers
- Don't believe the hype (bad hype that is)
Entertainment District, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $185
- Great hotel, great location
- Great Hotel in Great Location
- Great Location and Service!
Downtown, Toronto | 3 star hotelfrom $134
- You will like this place too
- Definitely the Best in the Region
- Never a care at the Novotel!!!
Harbourfront, Toronto | 5 star hotelfrom $175
- Aaaaaaaaa.just OK
- We love the Harbour astle
- Best in Toronto
Yorkville, Toronto | 5 star hotelfrom $193
- Nice hotel, as long as you don't drive
- InterContinental - Nice Hotel!
- Enjoyed our stay/ nice staff nice room
901 Dixon Road, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Harbourfront, Toronto | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Great Hotel
- Just great
- Excellent Service