TripAdvisor Reviews The Aladdin New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
May 26, 2015
Day after Memorial day - the second day of our stop in New York. Thus - night into day into night into day (today). We have one more day here (NYC) before leaving for Europe and the Rhine River Valley, home of the Nibelungen, a race of dwarves from a Wagner opera. Yesterday, arising at an early hour in the Refinery Hotel in NY, drawn from sleep by the soothing sounds of garbage trucks and sirens 8 floors below, we made our way to a local eatery - Le ...
Really is worth a visit by anyone going to the city.. Facilities are excellent and they have lockers for cases etc...
Mostly natives on this one and all thought I was Irish.. You can get fed up of that...
One of the guides actually knew about the clearances and how many Scots came to NY, although largely before records here...
On to the airport next.... See youz all ...
... so when my friend stuck her hands and phone out over the edge my heart was in my mouth! I'm all for getting great photos and panoramas, but had to walk away while she was doing that. You can see for miles up there! And with the 18x zoom on my camera, could even see the Statue of Liberty! - a very small version anyway.
Next we went to Wendy's - a bit like McDonald's or KFC - before finding Macy's. I was a little disappointed with Macy's if I'm honest, it just seemed ...
... cold by this point we made the necessary stop in Starbucks for a warming beverage before going to collect our City Passes. The New York City Pass, a wonderful little find discovered at 5am as I woke early and decided to search online for information about the tourist attractions. $178.50 (about £118) and we can now access every tourist spot in NYC you can think of at no extra charge. They had a wall of cards to give you discounts amongst which Hayley spotted a ...
... to represent. I like it because it doesn’t really take a good picture. It isn’t beautiful or a real "tourist attraction". You can try and take a picture but really in the end you just have to look at it. For anyone who doesn’t know what it looks like it is 2 large square holes in the ground where the 2 towers used to stand that have been turned into cascading waterfalls. All the names of the people who died in the buildings are written around the waterfalls. ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!