The Suites At La Palmeraie
Travel Blogs from Jacksonville Beach
... have a beautiful home on the east side of Jacksonville in a little sub-division called Gately Oaks, which is not far from the beautiful Jax beaches. The homes there are relatively new and surrounded by mature trees and shrubs, giving the neighborhood a very cozy, established feel. The wetland area behind them provides a perfect natural screen, giving them complete privacy while on the second story screened patio and pool below. I just love their ...
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
... not to fast...the driver has mixed up the apartment numbers and families...who goes where? Ok, now we were ready! We found the apartment, the code fit the key box, the key opens the door, woohoo! WWAAAIITTTT, we need to drag all our luggage up to the first story apartment, oh man! :(.
Now, we are in the apartment. The kids have chosen their bedrooms. Time to sleep....nope! Pay TV score! Ok, now time for sleep. Welcome to Jacksonville, Florida Nathan ...
... park then carried on up the I-95 until our next stop off at Daytona Beach. Here we had a quick kick around showing the locals our English Football skills (or lack of in Rich's case) and almost decapitated a bikini clad beach girl with a gorilla of a boyfriend who, if I did hit her, would surely have had a word or two. It wasn't long until we were back on the road and drove into the forcasted storms. The rain was so intense that you could not see the road as you ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
More great choices in Jacksonville Beach
Search TripAdvisor for more deals in Jacksonville Beach
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations