The Alexander Hotel
Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... was his livelihood! In the train on one of the bicycles mentioned above, he had his own sound system shaped for his bike carrier - and he played in loud on the train!!! Awesome!!
* People struggling to survive - it's like there's nothing to hide - people are struggling and it's there for everyone to see and engage with. A minimum wage that isn't a living wage explains why Americans live on tips - now I get why it's so important - yet ...
... in the White House. The next day we awoke and headed to the bus stop, on route we experienced yet more 'face lickers' talking to themselves. I can only describe this as what happens in the game Grand Theft Auto. If you have ever experienced this game, then you will know when I say that the people here sound exactly as they do in the game when you are walking past them. I thought it was all made up, but they actually mutter random things and suddenly have ...
... sweet bread and so now I was also obsessing about pastry. Once we stopped, I knew green sand beaches were out. We bought three different doughnuts - one with passionfruit icing, an orange mango-flavored one, and a chocolate filled one for Kara. We later shared the mango one - it wasn't as good as the others. We went out under a gazebo to eat our doughnuts. There was a lovely strong breeze. It almost compensated...
... with him so they let a nice Latino girl who had just gone on it, go again for free, as it had to be ridden in pairs. Her Dad did not appear to have a plumbing business. We started following the oath of the park doing the roller coasters as they went and after a couple I took the kids back to the kids section to ride the rest of the rides. Lots of cute little versions of roller coasters and truck rides and a huge indoor ball pit type pavilion that uses ...
... inside the cafe as it was quite hot outside but you could see that Gerry was ready to go home so Dave walked back with Gerry & Nelson while Sylvia & I went to The Coffee Bean to get Green Tea for me. Later in the evening we went to a place called Lemonade & picked up dinner, I had Mac'n Cheese & Dave got Mexican Beef & we got 4 salads to ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Centro, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $47
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
21850 Oxnard Street, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $86
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
9801 Airport Boulevard, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $48
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $105
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
930 Hilgard Avenue, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!