The Alexander Hotel
Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... I'm sure my knees are still knocking! We grabbed some lunch at the Ghosttown grill eating typical, overpriced theme park food (but we loved every bite). To finish off our greasy meal we ordered the boysenberry pie mmmmmmmmnnnnnnn best dessert EVER (check the pictures above). For the next 10 hours we rode the roller coasters then rode the good ones a second time around and stuffed our faces with healthy *sarcasm* wholesome *sarcasm* food such as cotton candy, ...
... park at
10.45am which was hard to stomach since we'd pulled up and parked at
8.45am. Still, we got in and the longest queue we had all day was 25
minutes, most were only 10-15 minutes or less.
It was amazing to see the kids on all
the rides. I knew Josh would be fine but wasn't sure about the girls.
We started with the Log ride which is a classic everywhere and they
all loved it. So we went on the boomerang. Well, ...
... devastated. We also didn't quite make it to a target to get a plastic wallet and some cable ties for all of the paper work that we have to attach to the suitcase - it's crazy! Anyway, we then drove to the hotel, which is surprisingly decent so far despite the outer appearance - but it's owned in part, by universal studios so I guess it has to be decent. The guy on reception has been nice so far too, he had a ...
... 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px; line-height: normal;">The valet parking is a thing in a lot of places. For six dollars a guy took the car away and returned it when we had finished dinner. This really needs to catch on, especially in the city where parking can cost easily twenty and you have to find the park and then go back and
... of the other guests came and complimented Angus that they were playing his song.
We showered and ventured out to Costco. The membership is worldwide so we thought we would get our money's worth. Wow, it was huge and the selection great. So many different things we loved but unfortunately would not fit in our suitcase. The alcohol selection was huge and so cheap. The checkout operator was confused with ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
6101 W. Century Blvd, Los Angeles | 4 star hotel
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
404 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $83
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!