The Alexander Hotel
Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... back via the pier where we rode the Ferris wheel for some good views. We then went via the Santa monica shops and also grabbed some lunch. Returning to the hotel we had walked about 14 kms. A quick rest saw us refreshed before boarding the 'express' bus to downtown LA for our nights entertainment: the LA Clippers vs Oklahoma in the NBA. The express bus ride took an hour and a quarter but we arrived in time and headed for our seats which Jason ...
... 8217;t exchange for NZ dollars (the currency in Rarotonga). At about 11pm, 15 minutes before departure, an announcement was made “Unfortunately the flight will be delayed as the plane is getting towed to the terminal as it has lost all power”....not exactly what you want to hear! About ten minutes later the news got worse when they added “Technicians are on the plane but have no idea why the power has gone, we will keep you posted”...It was at this point we ...
Though the sun was shining in early morning Adelaide it was 3 degrees! A far cry from LA's 30 degrees that the weather website had forecast for today. Arriving early at a not too busy Adelaide Airport all went smoothly, thankfully! After last minute goodbyes, the plane was finally taxiing down the runway. The adventure has begun!
For frequent travellers the thrill of taking off and seeing the land disappear beneath ...
As we had the seats by the door we were first off the plane and boy was it good to be able to stretch our legs albeit for a hundred metres or so. We got to immigration and that's when things grind to a halt. We should never complain about immigration in Australia as here you get the third degree.
How long are you staying in the states
What are you here for
When was the last time you visited the states
When are ...
... manly burger" which took 20 minutes to make.
Then we headed to Starbucks and got ventis, both of some sort of passion tea. When the server asked my name to put on the cup, I told him Melina and when I checked the cup, I got so excited when he had spelled my name right!
After, we went to a travel store and discovered beef jerky that was $10. I don't know how good jerky is, but it must be pretty amazing if you were to pay $10 for it.
Before returning ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!