Sweden Hotel Stockholm
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... on the 3rd floor (ground level) we decided to start at the bottom.
The building itself had been designed to house the main ship in an open area and then an exhibition and access levels had been designed around the outside. In order to preserve the ship the best they could the building was (other than the entrance) absent of sunlight and temperature controlled.
We managed to get around the exhibition on the 1st floor before ...
... to buy some vegetables for dinner. The food stall people are real hustlers and before you could say green peas we had an gigantic bag of peas, asparagus and Chanterelle mushrooms.
We were shelling the peas on our way home savoring a fresh tasty crunch....after all, my soup serving was very small. It was a wonderful day. Thank you Lennart and Gunbritt for some spontaneous fun!
... the sky doesn’t correspond to your watch. It really doesn’t get dark in the summer months. We walked back to the ship and Marty had finished work. He needed to find some wifi somewhere so we headed out again for a couple of hours as there was a photographic gallery just near the ship whose wifi signal worked outside. Stockholm’s a pretty place, even at 4 in the morning.
We sailed out at 2pm the next day, needless to say I slept through the ...
... people aren’t as willing to make the financial commitment (because it is more expensive traveling alone).
At the same time I am often “adopted” by a couple. I met several couples I liked and who seemed to like me, but in most cases I never saw them again.
Which brings me to the main thing, I suspect, and that is the size of the ship. When you have such a large ship and a relatively short itinerary, you aren 't as likely to ...
... Legit wine cellar from the 1500s - it was very cool.
Kluane came to town on the 10th to act as Canada's youth ambassador for the Commonwealth Day Service (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKyNehm2 kIQ ). Remind me to point out where I am in that video. We spent some time together catching up before she headed off to the rest of Europe.
St. Patrick's Day (
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $169
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $176
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $308
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $187
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $207
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $163
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $147
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $35
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $176
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $121
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $150
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $132
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $186
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $122
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $119
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $129