Sweden Hotel Stockholm
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... day (July 18th) we opted to take a "Rooftop Tour" of the old city of Stockholm (Gamla Stan). The trek was a bit of a thrill as we walked a 12 inch wide metal rail around the top of the old Judicial Building. After walking the city on foot the past two days, it was definitely a new perspective. We set sail this afternoon to head to Finland.
så lä´nge! (Goodbye for now)
... apartment by noon.
Lars went out to pick up some Thai food while I unpacked and we were settled in very quickly. The almost endless daylight and energy of the city kept us going until almost 11 PM. Of course, the excitement of the first World Cup game helped fill the day as well.
Friday we continued to sort out household details. We got our SL Kort filled again for travel on Stockholm's wonderful public transit system. We also got new ...
This quick weekend trip to Stockholm was our second booked on the Wideroe.no deal from last fall. Our first trip on the deal was to Milan and the Swiss Alps in January.
The worst part of this flying day (relatively speaking) was actually that Clara threw a bit of a fit on DEN-EWR. The flight aligned pretty well with nap time. She was able to fall asleep in her car seat... until the pilot made the descent ...
... took £27 more than I'd allocated. It was only when I headed east into Slovenia that the involuntary over-spending stopped. On the two jaunts through eastern Europe I made some good gains, while the first swing back across west through Germany and into the Netherlands landed more losses. All along though, I knew that as far as budget was concerned, Scandinavia was going to be a disaster. Finland wasn't too bad but even with minimal spending and a bus that cost way less than ...
... as life refuses to conform to my script, the younger men in sight, two significantly younger men, in fact, are sitting with their packs, one looking out to sea, the other reading a book. Their relaxed approach gives me quite the warm glow inside. I dare say that when they speak the German words come out naturally, too. "Battray", indeed. On the clubbing front, though it is too early to write them off as non participants. I daresay they'll be up later than me, and it is ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147