Sweden Hotel Stockholm
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... some good hands and some bits of luck, but the opportunities I had I made the most of. In fact, when I look back at that evening mostly what I remember is repeatedly raking sizable piles of chips towards me.
(* if you're unfamiliar with poker terminology, that's a shame but there's only so much I can be bothered to explain)
I think I was probably tournament chip leader for a while. I had 11,000 built up fairly quickly, while a quick glance at the stats ...
... of bread. What I really wanted was Danish pastries, but no not the same as back home. They aren't commonly filled with apples and apricots. They are yummy alternatives though.
Copenhagen, Denmark is a Scandinavian city that's got charm, charisma and beauty. This 1,000 year old harbour town retains much of its historic charm with copper spires on the buildings, cobbled streets and pastel colour gabled town houses. It really hasn't had any luck with ...
... fantastic, with Aunty Sue and I bopping away and singing to the music. I have bought myself an ABBA gold CD, so I am hoping that at least Little Charley will be convinced of their greatness and drive with me in the car listening and bopping away as she does now with Queen. The other two may be past this style of music.
We went in to the Tivoli Gardens for lunch, for one of our diet specialties that we share, a ‘burger and ...
... and it breaths a sigh of relief in the evenings. It wasn't completely dark either which was pretty cool to experience, a sort of blue haze in the sky. The next morning I was due to check out, I packed my stuff up, went and had breakfast but still I'd t know where to go, so I booked another night in the hostel. I walked round some of the other little islands, made my way to the photography exhibition hall/museum, felt really rough all day that day, not eating all ...
... you can learn about Swedish traditions from 150 or so old buildings that have been brought in from various areas of Sweden. It's kind of like Williamsburg in the countryside, Swedish style. We had lunch there too. We both had Swedish meatballs which were served with boiled potatoes, pickled cucumbers and ligonberry jam. The whole experience felt very authentic as we were surrounded by Swedish ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $177
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $163
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $203
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $192
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $191
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $35
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $186
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $165
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $135
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $195
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $135
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $145
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $177
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $129
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $216
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $179