Surf Studio Rome Beach
Travel Blogs from Rome
... seems we need to adapt to Italian time. We went to dinner at 7 at Osteria 16 and had the place to ourselves until almost 8! We will do better to blend in tomorrow, but our tummies couldn't wait any longer! We shared our first bottle of Chianti and had antipasti, primi, and secondi! Mmm Italy is a fun place for food and wine! Tomorrow we are off to immerse ourselves in Italian culture and ...
Monday 12 May.
Well today was my last day in Rome, so Arriverderci Roma. This morning I visted the Church of Santa Maria della Concezione or the Capuchin Crypt. The crypt is located beneath the church and is a collection of rooms that contain the skeletal remains of around 3700 capuchin monks. This would have to be one of ...
Woke up and waited for Rob to do his laundry. Left at around lunchtime in the direction of the Vatican. Once we arrived we found our guide and he took us to the entrance to the Vatican Museums, via a secret entrance that skips the lines. First we got some lunch and then headed through the large area that is the Vatican Museums, we finally ended up at Raphael's Rooms. He had four rooms, that he ...
... the train station. After a little rest we found the trattoria recommended by the hotel clerk - a good dinner. One of the best dishes of Rome, Saltimboca, truly relished by all three of us.
Monday was tour Rome day. We used a Hop On - Hop Off bus which takes you to selected major sights in Rome. It was HOT - 95F. We went directly to Vatican City and joined a tour of a Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sistine_Ch apel ) followed by ...
... smiling a little oddly, handed me a 2 Euro coin and informed me there was a little old man down there looking after the toilets and you must pay him to use them.
I headed down, dropped the 2 Euros in a little dish on a table, after which the little old man opened the toilet door, supplied soap afterwards and offered a lovely fresh towel to dry my hands. The toilets were some of the best I've ever seen and were clearly this little old man's pride and joy.
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82