Surf Studio Rome Beach
Travel Blogs from Rome
... painted was a bit over whelming. You weren't allowed to take photos or talk but it didn't matter there's no words to truly explain it, we just looked around in the packed hall as long as we could. We bought a book to explain the paintings and see them in more detail. Rest of day was walking round Rome. Was hot but nice. Saw fountain of Neptune, Tiber river, Spanish Steps as well as many old Roman streets and buildings. Very cool city. Another great day! ...
... The forum was all very interesting, some of the buildings they have uncovered are from before Christ, it's crazy to think of anything so old still being here today albeit borderline totally destroyed or weathered beyond recognition (I'm talking the super old stuff here, the actual forum had buildings from many ages) I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. After walking through the old 'CBD' of Rome and gazing on the old senate building and looking up the ...
I think I'm doing this whole blog thing wrong. It's harder then I thought to keep up with everyday so currently I'm in rome and last I think I wrote about cinque terre. So I'm going to have to give you some of the highlights: From Cinque Terre we went to florence Italy. We stayed in a very old hostel like place ran by a very scary old Italian woman named Marta. Florence is the place where Michelangelo's David is. So I waited in a line for almost an hour and was the only ...
... than ever that the secret to world peace is travel, meeting real people, in their own places one to one. We continue on this mission.
'We are safely ensconced on the ship, sitting in the obsersvation deck lounge' nwith our drinks (well the Susans and I are, }Ken is doing laundry. So we decided it was time to provide more detail on Rome.
First of all, this is for John Reardon. ...
... around the old city with its wonderful piazzas and the Old Bridge. At the heart of the city is Piazza della Signoria with a copy David, and the most amazing Fountain of Neptune, a masterpiece of marble sculpture and where the still-functioning Roman aqueduct ends. Our final stop was the Santa Croce Basilica with frescos by Giotto and the burial place of many famous Italians, such as Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, Gentile, Rossini and ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82