Surf Studio Rome Beach
Travel Blogs from Rome
... to the apartment after Tazza D'Oro to freshen up and change, then took the metro to dinner at this cute place popular with the locals. We each had about thirty euros to spend, and used every cent in our two courses, drinks, and deserts! This day was a bit more relaxed and easy going, but in doing what we did, we all felt more emerged and part of the Italian culture, which was a truly amazing ...
Now I'm always a nervous nelly with luggage, but they were on top of it! No problems there and Danielle and I got to spend time talking to a really cute Florida couple who were seeing Rome for the long weekend (we all arrived on a Thursday and the following Monday was MLK day). They didn't have a clue what they wanted to do, they just told us they really needed a trip and so they were just going to explore! How fun! And while I'm on ...
... the apartment!
I have a confession to make. It seems saying, "I’m tired of pizza," is as ridiculous as saying, “I’m so full, I’ll never be hungry again.” Before going inside, I stopped at the restaurant right next door and bought a pizza to take home (it’s called, “take away,” not to-go or even take-out). I was exhausted so I took a nap, even set my alarm to be sure I would wake up in time to FaceTime with mom at 5:00 ...
... were done touring by 4:00 pm, but it took us a bus ride (in the wrong direction...who knew?), a metro ride, and a mile walk back to the apartment (after a stop at our favorite gelato place that dips your gelato in chocolate and a stop at the grocery store) until we finally arrived back at 6:00 pm. We easily could decipher the metro system, but the bus system is so confusing. Whew, we are exhausted, and we all have very sore feet!
We cooked up a ...
... bit of a wait at Napoli Centrale (it was bathed in a sea of denim), then we were on the big train with comfy seats. It was a couple of hours and then into Roma Termini. I followed the instructions from Tripadvisor to find our bus stop, bought a ticket from a paper stand and then we had to follow the instructions from the landlord. Not so simple. We were looking for the Ripetta stop, thinking it would be on Via Ripetta. We were ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82