Super 8 St. Augustine Beach
Travel Blogs from Saint Augustine Beach
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
... highlight was the pod of dolphins that indulged us with their frolicking and bow surfing - a truly magnificent moment that you could never tire of. They weaved in and out of the bow, jumping through the air with what appeared to be sheer delight and playful pleasure.
My first watch was at around 1am. Being left seated at the helm and told to simply ...
Woke to the sun beating down as well as the rain. Packed up and headed to St. Augustine, Fla. The skies cleared and it was sun all the way. We're hoping to meet David and Ellen today or tomorrow.
Stuck in a traffic jam. Just passed a sign "accident ahead" and "right 2 lanes closed". Hopefully we're not too long. Not bad, 10 minutes and nothing. Seems the accident must have ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Swimming pool
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Free parking
- Pets allowed
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations