Super 8 Boone
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Meeting rooms/conference facilities
- Refrigerator in room
- Microwave in room
- Indoor pool
- High-speed internet in room
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TripAdvisor Reviews Super 8 Boone
Travel Blogs from Boone
... lead to an uneasy alliance between the settlers and the Cherokee Indians. While the British are attempting to urge the Cherokee to wage war against all white settlers, Dr. Stuart’s medical efforts among the natives leads to a friendship between the Cherokee and the villagers. With the help of Nane’hi (Nancy Ward), “Beloved Woman” of the Cherokee people and Daniel Boone, the mountain settlement remains free of war ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... and via the freeway overnighting in Johnson City in Tennessee. We continued north on Saturday driving some 300 miles, crossing into Virginia, and camped in Waynesboro. The camp here is big - nearly 300 sites and mostly large caravans, fifth wheelers and bus like motorhomes. Our van looks really small. People are fascinated by our accents and always ask where we are from. The Independence Day celebrations were just about to begin and as we were setting up the decorated golf ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...