Suore Pie Operaie
Travel Blogs from Rome
... group of people too! Everyone goes out of their way to make everyone included.
On Thursday we got a crash course in Italian, a meeting with Elaine (our program director), and a tour of the neighborhood we live in. The most exciting part of that day was grocery shopping! I've certainly grocery shopped before, but usually I shop for my family and have a list. It also isn't usually full-blown grocery shopping by myself. Here I was shopping for myself looking for ...
Off to Rome today. The Trevi Fountain is a fountain in the Trevi district in Rome, Italy. Standing 26.3 metres (86 ft) high and 49.15 metres (161.3 ft) wide, it is the largest Baroque fountain in the city and one of the most famous fountains in the world. We had breakfasting Maiori and caught the bus to Salerno. The bus stopped a little way from the railway station and we had to drag the cases 500m to station. We are ...
... too. After that i was QUITE tired, (3 hours later from Navona when i was thinking about food and i still had not eaten) so i went straight home, another 30 minute walk. On the way home i saw a good looking market, because i have been trying to find good fresh food like in northern italy, the markets ARE NOT the same! hahah up in bormio, every market was SUPER fresh good food at great prices, here, no where near as fresh and twice the price BAH! i miss bormio already ahaha ...
I have to share our last night in Rome. After our siesta we went to a cafe on the piazza where the church of Santa Maria Maggiore stands. We lazily sipped our couple of glasses of wine, then decided that perhaps we should eat.We chose a p,ace nearr bye we we had a rather disappointing meal of pasta followed by a vino Rosso(red) As ...
... a sister, middle aged adults who were so harmonious you could tell they have spent their lives playing together. Nothing great to report in the food line, except that I stand with the New York Times on the gelato competition. I ordered pistachio again so I wouldn't be comparing apples and oranges and they weren't even close! I've enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather, ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Suore Pie Operaie Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72