Suiteamerica Avalon Mission Bay
Travel Blogs from San Francisco
... gone back in time, it's now Thursday am 9.30 San Francisco time, due to land in about 45 minutes. Later again .... somewhat anticlimactic arrival. It's now 11 am. We arrived on time but plane is parked on the Tarmac. We've been waiting about 25 minutes and have been informed there will be at least another 30 minutes before we get to the gate, apparently the plane ahead of us at the gate needs some maintenance and there are no other free gates for ...
... see the sun every day!
On our way back from Sonoma we took a brief detour through the Armstrong Redwood Forest. Like everything else in California the trees were breathtaking and incredible to see in person. We also stopped along Route 1 to check out the gorgeous, rocky cliffs on the Pacific coast.
Great first stop!! Thank you Sam and Mike Matthews!!
Onward to Fiji
... in their room.
At around 5:30pm Vicky’s Dad sent her a text message to let us know they arrived. Then another text when they got into the taxis. Vicky and I went down to the lobby of the resort to wait for their arrival. At just about 7pm they drove up to the front of the hotel. Everyone was so happy!!! I felt like I was greeting friends I haven’t seen for a long time. What wonderful folks. Paolo and his daughter, Maria, ...
Reverse bus trip to the city now getting there just after 4 pm. As we had not had lunch, decision time was to have an early ...
... tell our server (or any of the staff passing) that we were all good and they could leave us be. The other said "Stop Forrest Stop" and when displayed, told our server (or anyone) that we needed something and they should stop at our table. We had a cheerleader-like server who was all whoops and hollers. Queue awkward pauses when we didn't immediately join in. 'Scuse the British in us, pet. She even conducted a Forrest Gump movie quiz, ...
Other places to stay in San Francisco
South Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Hotel somewhat over-rated
- Royal Treatment
- Elegant but Very Noisy
Union Square, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Este hotel es fantástico! Lo recomiendo!
- Great location
- Nice, newly Remodeled but not Great
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- 4-Star stay in Union Square
- A Few Tips
- Very decent
SoMa, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $192
- Great New Hotel by the Convention Center, but Staff Needs Some Help
- Excellent hotel--but watch out for the upcharges!
- Stay here!
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $168
- Stay here
- Great Hotel, Great Views, Great Location
- Great rates, great location!
South Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $266
- Great location, great hotel
- Loved the W!
- Less than stellar
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $201
- Close to the Wharf, but don't drive
- Drab Drab Drab
- Great Location!
Downtown, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- Enjoyed the Sir Francis Drake
- Worn but Charming
- Good value, good location
Northeast San Francisco, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $201
- One of the best
- Classy, comfortable, and understated
- First Class
Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Unfriendly Terrible Service
- Don't be put off!
- Much better accommodation available.
SoMa, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $163
- Oasis in the city of old
- Impressed with it all
- Great for the price
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $213
- Charmed by Clift Hotel
- Awful stay @ Clift Hotel
- Only for one nite stands
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Very enjoyable experience
- Lovely place
- Absolutely Fabulous! Worth every cent!
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $149
- Wow Fantastic!
- Staff incompetence
- Holiday Inn Golden Gateway to HELL
Union Square, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $128
- Great Value!!
- Lousy hotel and Unfriendly staff
- It was ok...I guess
Downtown San Francisco, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $168
- Executive rooms
- Hilton fine, but pricy
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $307
- They're putting the 'fair' back in Fairmont
- The Fairmont is exceptional
- Completely overrated
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $168
- Nice Hotel, BAD LOCATION
- Ideal Big Chain Hotel
- Great place to stay
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $186
- Convenient, friendly-staffed but small
- Great Value for money
Financial District, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- You don't need a car here!
- Spinning Around
- We Moved On........
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Good location, nice room, helpful staff.
- OK hotel, tacky area
- Good hotel
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Great deal, lots of fun
- Great location for everything!
- Can Handle the Handlery
Union Square, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Perfect if you are under 5 feet tall?
- A Good Deal and A Great Location
- Got more than I paid for
Financial District, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Worked fine for us!
- Smaller & louder than a College Frat House!
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Nice stay overall
- Very classy hotel with great staff
- Perfect Location
Downtown, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- OK, but some problems
- Average hotel with great location!
- Nice rooms / good value