Suite San Pietro
Travel Blogs from Rome
... while I occasionally nodded off next to him. The good news is that we made to Rome, checked in, had some excellent antipasti in Campo de Fiori, enjoyed great wine and sangria, and took a delightful night stroll through the city back to our hotel! Tomorrow the real adventures begin. ...
... and the place is huge. I took as many pictures as I could, but I don't think pictures does the place justice. We spent 45-50 min in there, which was not enough time to look at all the details of ...
... picked the worst one. The audio tour was out of time with what you were seeing, the sound was too low and I don't think the route around the city was as good as some of the others. We meant to make a full round of the city on it and then get off somewhere but because it was pretty ****** we got bored and got off at the Colosseum. We just walked around the outside as we planned to book a specific tour of it and then we walked along the outside ...
... was ever going to like it this would be the place. OH MY! They also have gelato and lots of ice cream desserts as well as cream puffs and other pastries. We got a strawberry tiramisu to share and we each got a chocolate sundae. The chocolate sundae was really good, but the tiramisu was absolute HEAVEN!!! So it was a complete win as far as eating goes for tonight! We walked back in the drizzle but it wasn’t far. The hotel clerk gave me an ...
... idling the nights away with the cheapest bottles of Italian Chianti the grocery store had to offer.
All in all Italy was everything we hoped it would be - romantic, full of the worlds best art and ancient history, and the famous vineyards of Tuscany. At a different time - with a different budget - we would have stayed longer to see the less touristy spots the country has to offer, but our brief European trip was up, and our new African experience lay just ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $465
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $210
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $62
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $85
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71