Suite San Pietro
Travel Blogs from Rome
This morning is bittersweet because we have to say farewell to Oia, Santorini. It has taken both of us so much that Kyle was looking up real estate here! Lol! The funniest thing happened this morning - Kyle has a hard time understanding Greek accents, and it led to a funny moment. We had the hotel porter our bags to our taxi this morning. They met us at out door and carried our bags through ...
Today we travelled to Assisi, to the church of St. Francis. The area was beautiful and the church was breathtaking. After an hour we boarded the bus and were bound for Rome. We decided to have dinner at our hotel restaurant...pasta! It was however a little disappointing with it being cold and not cooked al dente. Time for some ...
... decided not to do the optional dinner and tour this evening. It’s quite expensive when you don’t drink (unlimited wine is included). And I’ll have lots of time later to see the missed sites (they’re going to Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps) during my month here on my own. For dinner (hadn’t eaten since left over pizza for breakfast!), I walked 2 blocks to a little grocery store and bought ...
... got the tube from there. The Palatino and Roman Forum was very interesting, if not very confusing. It looks like they done some digging, and left everything how they found it...random marble pillars and stone work here and there. Again a very hot day! I got jibbed, I was tempted by the frosty water a suspect man was selling. It so happened I a euro in my pocket, so I parted with it. Get around the corner and there is a water fountain spouting out ...
... one of the highlights of our time in Rome so far. What a building! You have to keep reminding yourself that this building is 2000 years old. It looks incredible.
We decided to stop of a coffee in the piazza where the Pantheon stands. Having a coffee in Italy can be a rather unique experience. Coffee shops are generally called bars. Your first decision upon entering one of these establishments is whether you want to have your coffee standing up or you want to sit at ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82