Suite San Pietro
Travel Blogs from Rome
... s right around the bend in the Tevere River, which was prone to flooding back then. I really enjoyed seeing beautiful synagogues and restaurants, similar to the rest of Rome, but somehow different. After this we went back to Campo Di Fiori, which was mainly a market, but also some surrounding shops and restaurants. We were set into groups for two hours so we could eat on our own and to shop a ...
What's the deal with airline food?!
At least on air Lufthansa it is, which is what my travel buddy, Danielle, (another program student) and I took to get to Rome. We had two connections, SF to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Rome, and while the flight was loooooooong, I'm convinced the food made it the best flight I'd ever been on.
First off, they actually had vegetarian options for ...
... the Coliseum is the ruins of the Imperial Palace, grounds, gardens, even an elaborate stadium with a walking track, fountains, statues, and a long porch along one side.
Full-circle, now, up at the Temple of Elagabalus, there are sweeping views of the Coliseum and the Arch of Constantine (half of the arch is covered with scaffolding). Just down from the temple is an exit from Palatine Hill that takes you out to a busy road. I decided I wanted to get a ...
... relief...so did we!
The Forum was the political, religious, and commercial center of Ancient Rome. Anything of importance happened here. Palatine Hill was the home of the emperors and included the Circus Maximus (300 BC) where chariots would race watched by more than 250,000 people. We saw the Arch of Titus which commemorated the Roman victory over Judea (Israel) in 70 AD when they took Jerusalem and destroyed the temple, and the Arch of ...
Back on the trains again today for our last stop in Rome. Sorrento has been lovely, the apartment was beautiful, except for a small plumbing quirk. We headed back to the dreaded Circumvesuviana with our luggage. I had a cunning plan to get us some space for the bags without being in the middle of everyone. We let the first train go and then hopped onto the next as soon as it arrived, sitting in the very back carriage with our ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82