Suite San Pietro
Travel Blogs from Rome
... the Spanish Stairs, and maybe the Borghese Villa and Gardens.
P. S. Those of you waiting for photo highlights are going to be out of luck. As we've been touring, we've been carrying my little Sony Cybershot, which we wouldn't be too broken up about if it was stolen. The iPad stays back at the apartment, which is where I am blogging from. These two devices have no means of linking up, so I can't uploads pics of any of our adventures. ...
... the largest university in Europe, San Lorenzo attracted a large student population, and the quarter quickly became the home of free-thinkers, young political activists, and artists of all sorts. Packed with students today, it is newly young-and-trendy, described as the Montmartre of Rome, with arty shops, cheap and authentic trattorias, cool pubs and clubs lining the narrow streets. Outwardly, however, the area still has a run-down ...
... off! So the plane trip felt like it took ages(was just over 3 hours) We made it to Rome!! We were excited! We didn't know exactly how to get to our hotel, we asked around and caught a shuttle bus to the train station! The train station was hectic and hard to understand how to get to our hotel from there! After much stress we finally got our hotel by taxi! We were greeted by a very nice and excited lady reminding us that it ...
WOW! What a whirlwind this past week has been. I've done SO much! And I can't believe it's almost been 2 weeks since I've been in Rome. It certainly seems like I'll never get bored in this city. Here are some highlights of my week: Last Saturday night, after I wrote my last entry, I went with a couple girls down to the Tiber river to a festival. There were many booths filled with clothing and jewelry. I bought two scarves :) The best part of the ...
... flights to change to International, go through passport control and get to the next gate for the 2 1/2 hours to Rome.
I have to say that we weren't overly impressed with first impressions of Rome. The airport terminal is in a bad state (think Auckland domestic 6 years ago but worse) and our transfer bus ran 45 minutes late.
Once we had been dropped of at the central station we had a 15 minute walk to the apartment we are sharing. It is on ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82