Suite San Pietro
Travel Blogs from Rome
... of our foods. As expected, they were amazing. The best cheese we had in Italy. The boys stopped by to see our hotel, and were quite envious (up until that point, they’d had the big suite). However, we didn’t save them much cheese.
The four of us walked back to their hotel to pick up grandpa, and then met Marlon and Dragan for dinner at a nice outdoor café. The service was a bit slow (typical Europe), but the ...
... station and, after I mailed my last postcards, we got on the train and headed to the airport, saying goodbye to Rome and Italy along the way.
It was a really great trip with mom and a special one, as it’s rare, especially now, to take a trip without our husbands. But it was the perfect length and we were both excited to get home, after another long plane journey, to Peter and Chris and Kate and the ...
... After around 3-4 hours and a heap of ruins we had finally finished these two sites. They are the cornerstones of Ancient Rome and were the capital of the Roman Empire, and still are. After the Roman Forum and Palentine Hill, we went inside the Colosseum. We bought audio-visual guides and walked through the upper floor and the ground floor, learning about the traditions of the gladiators, ...
... views of Rome at night. Bruno said it was probably the best terrace he's ever seen in Rome. He pointed out all of the buildings from all sides. It was fun to have people to share this wonderful slice of heaven with even just for a short time with fellow tour members. The people were all very nice. After they left, I stayed up late enjoying the terrace while catching up with my email and travel blog.
What a perfect afternoon and evening in Rome !
Nice sleep in today, maybe it could have been all that vino bianco last night. I was expecting cooler weather here, but another sunny, warm day. We get a vaporetta pass, although I am sure we will be doing a lot of walking. We head to St. Mark's square and bought the combo museum ticket and head to Correr Museum for a tour. It is a quiet refuge from the insanity of the square and we see gleaming statues by Canova, paintings by the illustrious ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82