Suite San Pietro
Travel Blogs from Rome
... basilica of St Peter there is nothing I can say here that could possible describe the grandeur of the Basillica. You can see all the photos in the world but actually experiencing it is the only way to truly appreciate, with jaws dropping as you enter, the artwork and history which would only be possible to build up over a very long time.
Unfortunately we we got there too late to visit the ...
... were able to catch our breath a little. The ferry ride from Salerno to Amalfi was beautiful. We got to see the entire coast from the top deck and the breeze was so nice as well. Seeing the coast was just as I imagined from pictures online. We got off the ferry and made our way over to Antica where our hostel was located. Once we finally found the hostel, we had the pleasure to see our sleeping arrangements. We lucked out that all of the girls got ...
... the narrow streets and what is normally a game for us to find where we are going took on a different tone with me needing food and the sense that we were wasting time, with now only a four window remaining for Rome.
Our cousin, Bonny, who is an Italophile and has traveled to Italy many times, has graciously suggested an afternoon itinerary. With the knowledge that we had skirted Venice on this trip because we don’t like crowds, she ...
... the ruins of buildings that would have housed the Gladiators, the armoury and the animals that would have been used for battle. These buildings are evidently linked to the Collosseum via underground tunnels- amazing!
The queue for entering the Colosseum went on for miles, so we decided to enter maybe tomorrow early, when the Pope is doing his thing at the Vatican and all the Catholics are jostling for positions at the Square.
... and are completely over priced. I visited 3 hostels so this
isn't a biased opinion based on one place, i turned up in Rome without a
place to stay as a guy I was due to couch surf with let me down just a
couple of days before, and being a friday night my options were a little
limited. I eventually ended up at a hostel called Happy Days, right
next to the Vatican city, possibly one of the strangest hostels I have
ever been to. For ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72