Suite San Pietro
Travel Blogs from Rome
... in the presence of the Pope. St Peter and St Paul are represented on these doors with scenes from their martyrdoms. I have enclosed pictures. There are many sculptures, paintings and statues that represent some of the most famous artifacts in the world. 20,000 people can fit inside St. Peters.
I could go on for a long time about the Vatican, but you'll just have to come and visit! It's magnificent!
Next is The Borghese Gallery and grounds!
... hours, so we were able to see the inside. The floor space wasn't that big, but the dome was really spectacular. The center opening in the dome let so much sunlight in...it was really pretty. The crowds were unreal and the building was quite small, so we headed out pretty quickly. We went straight to the Catacombs of St. Domitilla, well kind of. The walk from the metro was expectantly a bit long so we had to stop for gelato, ...
... in the background only added to the experience.
Later, first via lift and then 320 stairs
we reached the dome of the Basilica for
spectacular views over Rome. The morning
was clear and we were rewarded with a terrific vista. Monuments which we had visited and seen at
ground level took on a whole new perspective, especially Victor Emmanuel 11’s
memorial standing out, so huge and white against the rest of the ...
... say quietly, ‘oh look, there’s something world famous to my left AND my right’. It’s like Rome doesn’t need to boast because it really is that chock-full of nice stuff. And it has nice gelato.
To round off my Roman experience, I got done over by a taxi driver on the way to the train station. It was the only taxi I took in Rome so I had high expectations that he would cheat me and he did so in such an impressive manner that I tipped ...
... other class of hers will be on-site! She told us that she would get us in on a mass underneath St. Peter's Basilica, where many pope's had been buried. Also we will be getting a guided tour of St. Peter's at some point. I can already tell I will loveeee the class!
After that class, we walked home on the wet sidewalk. It had rained during class (thankfully we were inside) for the first time since we've been in Rome. It has literally been cloudless skies ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82