Travel Blogs from Copenhagen
... s yearly pass and found the purveyor of that most Danish of dishes, smorsbrod. Smorsbrod is an open faced sandwich, layered with a variety of items. Anything from Steak tatar to liverworst to herring to shrimp to salmon, the variety is endless. Tina and Dorte were put in charge of ordering....big mistake! Apparently the custom is to order two selections for everyone at the table and then share. Here I am ...
... drink and conversation. It’s called hyggelig (hew-glee), meaning warm and cozy. I saw lots of it going on: neighbours meeting on Saturday morning at the picnic benches in the apartment building’s courtyard for coffee and, no doubt, debriefing from the work week; other neighbours getting together there for lunchtime ordered-in pizza; friends meeting at bars and restaurants or in parks. All this probably helps in their ranking as ...
... through their chocolate casing, furthermore, if you have the willpower to hold on to at least one flobberwobber until you start to descend, you will be able to watch the filling contract before your eyes.
Flobberwobbers are perhaps the best inflight snack, a delicious, entertaining physics lesson, and the perfect consistency for smacking someone in the face with, who needs inflight entertainment when you have ...
... for weeks about how badly I wanted REAL pizza (and not the frozen ones we’d been subsisting on). Fortunately, we ate at a restaurant called Mother, where my chances (of eating pizza) DID actually compute to precisely 100%. Over dinner, Jaclyn, Vicki, and I recalled tales of our time in Vienna (specifically, the number of times we found ourselves defending our own country ...
... finished designing and building his own in his New Nordic design class. He took us through the galleries, explaining each designer, and the evolution of materials, construction and forms.
We parted ways with Vince until dinner. Shortly after, he was spotted by a local street fashion photographer, who captured his “look", which was posted on Copenhagen Look Book today. www.copenhagenlookbook.tumblr.com
Chris and ...
Other places to stay in Copenhagen
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great location but some improvements required
- Couldn't ask for better
Mejlgårdens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
Fisketorvets, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Terrible service at the Copenhagen Island Hotel
- Best shower, worst service
- Could do a lot better!
Christianshavn, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Overpriced middle class hotel
- Great breakfast, flash gym equipment but smallish rooms and very expensive
- Do not under any circumstance stay here
Abel Cathrines, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Great Location
- Need look no further a Gem of a Hotel
- Excellent Hotel, Excellent Service
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $117
- Great they have got it right
- Too uncomfortable for me
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $193
- Very good hotel in a convenient central location
- Not even up to Scandic Standards
- Not worth it.
Frederiksstaden, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Fantastic - highly recommended
- Great staff, fab for foodies!
- City Break
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $272
- Lovely hotel
Tivolis, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $300
- Excellent Stay
- Great Hotel
- Great Hotel - Not just a guest factory
Reventlows, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- A stroll from the central train station
- For train travellers
- Ein sch÷ner Ort zum ▄bernachten
Indre By, Copenhagen | 5 star hotelfrom $217
- Worst Hotel in Europe
- Una pÚsima experiencia
- Sleep on a park bench, instead of staying here!!!
Sydhavnens, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 2 star hotelfrom $114
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Modern Hotel in a Good Location
- Stylish Scandinavian
- Hip to be Square!
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $169
Kalvebodernes, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Excellent Hotel!!
- Excellent Location
- Perfect for a short break in copenhagen
Backers, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $157
Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Helgolands, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $104
- Pleasant hotel - very central
- Business Class Wannabe
- Very, Good and Central
Gammelholms, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Nice quiet hotel on the perfect spot
- Avoid this one!
Indre By, Copenhagen | 3 star hotelfrom $125
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Insgesamt ein gro▀artiges Erlebnis
- Overall great experience
- Not convinced
Nyrops, Copenhagen | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Lovely Hotel
- Great Location if you want to be able to walk to everything
- Generally positive experience!