Travel Blogs from Stockholm
Today was fairly relaxed. We headed down to the grocery store to stock up on Swedish candy, packed our bags, and headed to the airport. The flight was very short, and less than two hours later we were in Berlin. We successfully found our way from the airport to our hostel which appears to be much cleaner than the hostel in ...
... Leandra couldn't resist the call of a gorgeous blue 1937 book. Only one downfall, it's written in Swedish. Leandra spent hours last night google translating line after line of her book. She got to page 3 then gave up. Said a quick goodbye to our great room mates, we will miss them. We didn't want to leave Stockholm, we absolutely love it here. Reluctantly we climbed aboard a packed train to Mora, in the middle / north of Sweden, where we would then catch a bus to Orsa, where there ...
We had the wonderful luck of arriving in Sweden just before Christmas. While the days are the shortest, the holiday glow of candles and lights make Stockholm a welcome sight at this time of year. Almost every window has the typical Jul candelabra or lighted star.
The shop windows are also full of lights and suggestions for Julklappar (Christmas Gifts). It's a bit like the old holiday movies, where the sidewalks ...
... two ladies & while we waited to be given the green light which means you can approach, we noted that one lady was giving passengers a big smile with the other one looking very grim. Whilst I make jokes about how the general Russian is not that courtesy to tourists, if you look at Russian history it is unbelievable how badly their citizens have been treated by their own people. Anyway we had a contest to see who would get the smiling lady ...
... the Cathedral, and the Armory Museum. We saw them all, along with what appeared to be a grand changing of the guard ceremony complete with brass band. The armory featured an intriguing exhibit about 'King' Catherine of Sweden, and her literature collection, with books dating back to the 9th century!
We crossed back over a bridge towards the city and headed down Strandvagen towards Djurgarden Island. We considered going straight to the infamous Vasa museum. ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Stayat Gardet Stockholm
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147