TripAdvisor Reviews Stayat Gardet Stockholm
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
Jonathan and I say farewell to the kittens today, and head for the airport. I think in all of my years with Toto Tours I have never flown out of the International Terminal because I have always been on United or American. The terminal is beautiful and modern. We are flying SAS Scandinavian Airlines via Stockholm. We arrive early enough to visit the SAS Lounge, and I realize how spoiled I've become by United. Very tiny by comparison, but there is a ...
... enough to see to keep visitors busy for several days. Skansen, for example, is an open-air museum presenting historical Sweden, and Vasamuseet (the Vasa Museum) features the warship Vasa, which sank in Stockholm on her maiden voyage in 1628.
It takes several hours to cruise from the Baltic through the small islands that surround Stockholm to get to the our berth located at Skeppsbron. This is the ideal location to begin our adventure in Stockholm. Here ...
An impressive city from the start. Obviously Swedish is their main language but locals are very accommodating with speaking English. Stockholm is made up of 14 islands and there is 24,000 islands in Sweden.
Our first day was a little unsettling due to 30 hours of travel so we settled in for a good nights sleep.
But not before we went to the Ice ...
... a couple blocks), saw lots of buses, found two other people looking for SPB, but no SPB signs or reps. We headed back toward the port gates and came upon other from our group and the SPB person. We found our bus – and there were actually two SPB tour buses and there were only 18 people on each of the full-size buses. We got to spread out and everyone could have a window seat if they wanted to.
The tour began with a drive through Sodermalm, the biggest ...
... we've been). It was basically just very tasty ham and as much as I liked it I sure wish I had tried it in the Czech Republic when it was a third of the price. Oh well, the experience was more than worth it. Dessert was crazy expensive at the restaurant so we cheaped out and bought some chocolates at a little bakery nearby and downed some free coffee back at the hostel. The lady at the chocolate place was a pretty typical Swede. She spoke to us in absolutely ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147