TripAdvisor Reviews St. Peter'S Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
Welcome to the Roma edition. There a a few things I think of when I think of Rome, Colesseo, Forum(I forget the word in Italian), Vatican, Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps.
The afternoon was spent touring myself around the Roman Forum. It's quite easy to get around a country where you speak the language enough to survive. It makes you more confident somehow. The ruins were quite peaceful actually. It was nice to travel by myself, away from my group(I still ...
... we have been wanting to see the whole time: the Colosseum.
We were immediately awe struck. It is amazing to see in person. We head out of the building to get our way to our prize, just as they were closing down the building. Perfect timing.
We knew that we would see the Colosseum the next day, but we just had to go to it. We walk up and just admire its entirety.
We headed home exhausted and hungry. We finally got to buy food to cook because ...
... life, it is the power of God sustaining us and delivering us from our time of trouble.
Let us count our blessings for they incontrovertibly out-number our tragedies beyond our comprehension. Just because we cannot point our finger at each one of them that we receive does not mean that they are not still flowing into our lives. Often the blessings we least recognize are the ones that we need the most.....but we have taken them ...
... of how tall the ceilings were. On the other hand, the dome was even taller. The 500 some stairs prove it, (I got to take the elevator up half way). But the views from the top were totally worth it. Later in the day we got to walk around the streets again and shop at some of the local shops and markets. Although all the walking and traveling is making me tired I wouldn't trade this experience for the ...
... if traditions versus God's word are the basis for holiness then it will deviate.
On returning to the apartment, we relaxed for a bit before heading out to a nice little Ristoranto around the corner. While the day had been a bit up and down, these evenings are good...all wait staff are very pleasant and helpful, and we again had an enquiry about our land of origin and whether we were British. I said no, Australian - and he seemed relieved, mentioning ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Innenstadt, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $124
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82