No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews St. Peter'S Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... present that goddess with an apple. Katie knew about the significance of this event in the story and how it started a chain of events that led to the Trojan war. Today, we saw a painting of that scene and a Bernini sculpture of the goddess with the apple. We also saw a Bernini sculpture of a man carrying his father and his son out of the fires of the Troy. He is said to be the ancestor of the Italians and represents the importance ...
Last Sunday saw my first race in Rome. Just a non-competitive 5K called The Hunger Run to benefit programs run by the FAO (a branch of the UN).
Before the race, I gave myself permission to stop along the way and take pictures. Yeah, right! The race may have been non-competitive, but I most certainly ...
... the bikes and walked down Via Nazionale to the Trajan pillar and the Victor Emmanuel monument, before going to the colosseum. We had to queue for 45 min for tickets but at least it was inside in the shade. After wandering round that we went to the Palatine and Roman forum. Too hot - in the mid 30s. Then down to the river and across to Trastevere, a neighbourhood we had enjoyed on the last trip here 10 years ago. We tried to find our ...
... of the colussus, or the Coliseum, next to the amphitheatre. It was never the amphitheatre. Our tour prebooks our tickets so the minimum of two hours waiting time was significantly reduced. We stopped , when we got inside for those who needed a toilet break. Now we can talk disgrace. Apparently they were filthy, despite having just been cleaned. I'm not commenting on the cleaners, but the users! There was a LOOOOONG queue for the women's. Dario also went to some pains to ...
... time was for the chapel or the museums we took the short tour to the chapel first - with lots of others.We were shuffled in shoulder to shoulder with heads focussed on the ceiling amid shouts of "silence" from the attendants. The commentary exhausted, we moved on only to discover that we didn't know how to get to the Raphael rooms. Rescued by an unusually helpful attendant we were guided through a ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82