TripAdvisor Reviews St. Peter'S Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... spot. Life is good in Trastevere.
We had a rest and met the nice young Belgian couple who are our neighbours in the apartment next door. I tried to contact Silvia without luck but did have a lovely phone call chat with Ermenia. Then we went for a walk to find a big park nearby in Trastevere with Villa Sciarra. The parks in Rome are very big and have many statues, water features and lovely grounds for locals. Lovely way to spend the late ...
... in my eye as well which made them start to water. Those preciously planned words all got jumbled in my head. Rach I believe was onto it straight away which made her eyes swell too. This didn’t help. A sobbing mess, I let out a few mumbled sentences saying that I had something I had wanted to ask her for some time now. After 7 years together, in our 7th Continent and at our 7th New Wonder of the ...
... the Basilica from opening until about one o'clock. We decided to pay for a guided tour which would let us skip the line. The tour itself was very interesting and we learned a lot about the history of the church and some of the artifacts in it. The wait for the tour ended up being almost as long as the wait to get in but it was definitely worth it. St. Peter's Basilica is absolutely stunning. Marble, beautifully painted ceilings and statues everywhere. ...
Slept in and rested after the marathon walking effort yesterday at Pope Franks place. We went the obelisk early. An obelisk is a vertically erect, four sided structure that sits on a base and tapers to a pyramid top. Parts of the Egyptian obelisks would have been plated in gold, most likely the pyramid top that reached into the heavens. There are 13 obelisks in Rome. Moving the obelisk is an even greater accomplishment than ...
... was in the room she was so embarrassed we were just like what?? Whats happening ok bye back to sleep! We got up later and went walking around then out for dinner I seriously love Italian food this is definitely the country for me! Im coming back a thousand pounds heavier but wow everything we ate was amazing we just couldn’t believe how good everything tasted! We went to a pub and made friends! It was quite late when we went back but what a good night! ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82