TripAdvisor Reviews St. Peter'S Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... then a relaxed coffee stop until we boarded the brand new, very fast train to Rome. As always, you are not on until you are on and for some reason they did not post the platform number until 10 minutes before departure, which meant that the whole mob of waiting crowds surged towards the steps to the platform. I climbed the 30 plus steps while Peter once again heaved our cases and we scanned the length of the ...
... is subject to controversy. However, the power of the well known tale of Rome's legendary foundation tends to deflect attention from its actual, and much more ancient, origins.
Legend of the founding ...
... everything to us, and wouldn't leave till we had our wifi connected to all of our phones and iPad. So nice. Once we were settled we went for a walk at 3sh did had a bite to eat, at one of the trattorias near our apartment,find a Title bit of shopping for our breakfast, yogurt, cereal, toasties, cheese, juice and dropped off at apartment, then went to the jewish quarter and looked around, made our way thru town looking at ...
Had trouble sleeping so got up early and went for a walk about 6am not many around everything was still closed all I wanted was a cup of coffee "still no bags" We had breakie and Carol went off to buy some clothes when she got back "still no bags" so we decided to go for a ride on the hop on hop off bus to see the sites which takes about 2 hrs if you don't hop off. Wow it really opens your eyes how big these old buildings ...
Clever title, right? I'm not sure if it is still yesterday or we're 'in' tomorrow or what day it is or when I should sleep but most of it was spent in the air or running through airports. YVR was a breeze to get through, but the first flight of the day reminded me how awful plane food is. Sometimes I pretend I am a convict in a high security jail with no other options and it puts the struggle into perspective. Also, the awkwardness that ensues when you are in ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Via Principe Amedeo 3, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82