Travel Blogs from Rome
... queue to see the Basilica, only to see others just infiltrate & jump the queue although nobody complained about such behaviour. We went for audio guides but took a guide tour instead & it was well worth it as the guide used her considerable influence to put us next to whatever she was describing regardless of who was there already. The thing that amazed me most was how we lost our sense of scale so that it seemed far less overwhelming internally than ...
Given that the ticket we had so patiently queued for yesterday was valid for two days and also included the archeological park covering the Fora and the Palatine, we decided that would be the mission for the day. As we set off from the hotel, we passed a shop selling tickets for the hop on hop off bus tour and we thought that might be a good idea to save some walking. Every ...
... missed lunch today. As many people know, if I miss a meal I can get a bit cranky (Bob's worse than me)....We had a mix of pastas, salads, Mike had a pizza... great food. A good reminder that I really like authentic italian eating!
So, now it's about 9:00pm as I type this and I'm definitely feeling that sleep will be upon me pretty quickly.... No solid plans for tomorrow, just plan on taking it easy.....
... back of the ship! Looking around,we could tell we had one of the larger verandas, but almost every room on the ship looks like it has some sort of balcony. The room itself is outfitted with a very comfortable bed and the shower is much larger than the one we happily said goodbye to in Rome! Off to dinner now at the specialty restaurant Silk Harvest and then to watch the evening's entertainment! We can already tell this is going to be a fabulous trip and we love this ...
... went back to the hostel to check on the students. The sisters were feeding us wine. They were very funny. We enjoyed talking to them. When we left to get something to eat, they asked us to bring them back some beer. It was the least we could do since they were feeding us some wine. On the way to dinner, we got a whiff of tear gas. It was not pleasant!
After dinner, we shared some more wine and beer with the sisters. We had a great ...
TripAdvisor Reviews St. Peter'S Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72