Travel Blogs from Rome
... but then Dani and I realized that the camera shutter wasn't opening all the way on my wide angle pictures. It had a little tumble out of someone's pocket (who will remain nameless but probably feels guilty right now) so now I know what the consequences were. We will use some good photo editing and the iphones for wide angle shots for now. Walked a few blocks to have lunch at a very cute little outdoor cafe. ...
... there is a statue in the middle of the street for the Virgin Mother - Ave Maria, it reads. Since I'm Catholic, this is a plethora of history and connecting the dots to things we were taught as children in Catholic school. So I got excited because I could read the inscription "ave - gratia plena - dominus tecum" on the monument. I laid a rose at the steps! We also saw the ...
We woke to a heavy thunder storm this morning, so we enjoyed a lazy morning in our room with an extra coffee. Eventually, the rain slowed and our lovely hosts supplied us with umbrellas, so we were ready to head out. Following Rick Steves' Heart of Rome walk, we threw our coins in the Trevi ...
I have a better appreciation of Milan after seeing it through a local's eye. Basically, I was in downtown LA & should not have been aimlessly walking around- that's Milano Centrale. I guess I can give the Milanese a break- after all I've only been in their city for less than a day. I shouldn't judge based upon that one experience, right? But Milan is a city & it was a shock coming from Gimmelwald. I left Hostel California with confidence, thanks to my angel, ...
Today we had a very easy day in Rome. We walked past the Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps and then decided to visit Peter's Cathedral. We didn't see the pope, and Garth only got cranky a few times at the religious zealots! The inside of the Cathedral was not bad - not really over the top, quite large, lots of statues ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Sourire Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82