Travel Blogs from Rome
Our day began with a wonderful and ample breakfast served in our room. The staff here are so generous, the breakfast is huge, enough food for breakfast and lunch! The kids discovered Nutella and they both loved it!
Following our breakfast we jumped on the Metro, and headed for ...
... leas by priests, singing, quite beautifully, and walking into the church and down to St Peter’s tomb. It’s quite special to hear voices singing in a place like this.
We made our way out to the bridge of Angels, Ponte Sant Angelo, and then ended up walking back to the gelato shop before catching a bus home. This walk took us past some very interesting shops and streets. We saw a violin makers shop and many boutique jewellery and clothing stores. The walk was a ...
... I could *************e foot in front of the other. It’s an amazing space. Now how many indulgences did the popes sell to pay for this?
So after this 5 hour tour, I was grateful we had the happy mistake of going on our walking ghost tour last night. No way could we have walked for another hour and a half tour. John talked our way into a swanky restaurant near our apt. that we wanted to try. The Americans ...
... the tour round to the Vatican. Once there we went to the office and exchanged the voucher and then caught the next tour bus back to the Terminus. We dropped off the additional paperwork at the hotel and Ruth picked up a shoulder covering as we were likely to visit some churches during the rest of the day.
It was about midday when we set off again, this time on the number 64 bus round to Via del Plebiscito. It was now a short walk to the ...
Today we went on a trip to the Vatican, but got a guide who talked really fast so we didn't understand anything, and our group had a "bad day" everyone was anoyed by every single thing! After the Vatican we had three hours before our other "utflukt"! We tried to find a taxi but ended up in a resturant. I orderd a pizza with ham and mushrom and mom orderd pasta bolognese ( don't know how to write that) When we had finished our meal we went ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Sourire Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82