TripAdvisor Reviews Soloroma Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... still standing! The Romans were a pretty smart and advanced race. - We were starving and so left the colosseum to find some lunch and just as we finished it started to POUR with rain. Like, sideways, blow your umbrella inside out kind of rain. We all got drenched and decided we'd just head back to the hostel and get dry and see each other the next day. - Once dry, Pappas and I decided to venture out again to Castel Sant Angelo which was a fortress then ...
... us and the story it was telling. The painting of judgement was really fascinating.
We then walked to St Peter’s Bascillica. We had lunch in the square outside and then walked in. It is huge! A remarkable church. We wandered around, we did make a little bit of fun of the statues we were seeing and the kids particularly enjoyed Ro’s commentary on what they were all thinking or saying based on their poses. Seeing the way they treated St Peter’s tomb ...
... part of her job! I will not bore you all with the art history lesson as I can’t remember most of it anyway. I’ll try to show you in the attached photos. The entire tour was FIVE HOURS; on our feet and no place to sit, even for a second. John and I had no idea that this tour was going to be 5 hours. It was crowded and in some rooms stifling hot. We didn’t eat lunch and around 3:30, it was becoming hard ...
As we have seen Rome we had day on ship and thoroughly enjoyed!!! Sat by pool and read book and lots of swims. Meditteranean bar-b-q on Lido deck. I stayed in bathers all day. Best night thus far on ship. Lots of drinks with Di, Annie, Rod, Susan, Tim and Ellie. Bed at 1.30 and crashed I am sticking to my no bed before midnight ...
... round the Forum but its only columns and I've seen them in the Age. We have been passing a cake shop/cafe on the way to and fro so we decide to stop for tea and cakes. The latter look so good that T can' resist temptation and succumbs to a mixed plate. I settle for a cannoli, which is like brandy snap with no ginger and a different filling. Come to think its nothing like a brandy snap. The other day we'd been turned away from a ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82