Travel Blogs from Rome
... still alive and kicking he had been unable to do so. Even more interestingly, before we moved on to the amazing Sistine Chapel, we were told how Michaelangelo had been forced by the Pope to move down from his native Florence to paint the roof of he sistine chapel. Anyone who knows about Michaelangelo... he was not a painter, he was a sculptor and he had to learn the art of painting frescoes which is incredibly difficult because once you have painted the plaster, the paint is ...
... and had a bottle of wine with Rob and Kim, wished them the best on their renewal day and headed back to the hotel.
For dinner that night we were able to find a Lebanese restaurant that also offered free internet. While we weren’t able to Skype in the restaurant, at least we were able to contact home with emails and texts. We each had a beer and a Lebanese wrap, with Falafel and ...
... their announcements are only in German and English, but a passenger volunteered to get on the loudspeaker with Italian translations.
Arriving at the family-run Dreaming Rome Hostel, I liked it from the start. I was swiftly handed a glass of sparkling wine, while shown around the cozy space. The hallway is densely layered with hot and sparkly pink accessories. The dorm rooms are decorated with ...
... tonight. We did buy some sweet paintings from an Italian street painter and those are going in our home when we get back. After that, we hit the metro and ended our night back at the hotel a little early tonight.
So that's all for today folks. We did a LOT of walking and standing today so our feet (and my back) we're killing us today, but it felt great! Not sure yet what we're doing tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll find something! Ciao!
... a great place to explore for a few hours and to put your imagination to work. For a full list of the historic buildings in the forum, please click this link.
3) Palatine Hill: This hill overlooks the Forum and its caves were home to Romulus after whom the city is named. Over time there was a large palace (perhaps more than one?) built on the hill which was home ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Soloroma Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72