No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Rome
... for our meal. We decided to order traditional Roman food so Waz had the Saltimbocca alla Romona and I had the Amatriciana pasta, served with a brown paper bag full of toasty rosemary and olive oil focaccia, we were in foodie heaven once more. The house wine was great, the food was simply delicious, and the service was very friendly as their tag line on their menu states - Sorrisi Gratis meaning Free Smiles. Walking for a little longer after our meal we watched ...
... for some souvineers at the Vatican, I bought myself a set of rosary beads. The only thing that I wish I could have done that I didn't is get the rosary beads blessed. I was also disappointed the day wasn't organised in a way to go the the blessing by the pope, as the pope does blessings Sundays and Wednesdays when he is in Rome! After the Vatican tour a small group of us head to the Spanish steps which would be our meeting place later in ...
... for. The Via della Madonna dei Monti runs parallel to Via Cavour, behind our hotel (Solis). The Taverna dei Fori Imperiali has caught my eye a day or so ago, but was full when we looked tonight. The chef was doing the rounds as well, presumably a good sign unless he's apologising. On our way back up the street, we stumbled across the Taverna Romana. As it turned out, "left, 50 metres" really meant "left, immediately left again, and ...
We went for a long walk in the afternoon. We headed to the area of the city known as the Trastevere Area. We went there in order to eat at a place recommended on a travel show we watched, unfortunately we could not get in as they were packed and you needed a reservation.
We ate at another place nearby.
After lunch we went to see St. Peters.
Lots of pictures attached.
... mood for long in such an impressive structure. We had fun learning about the gladiator fights that took place there so many years ago.
From the Colosseum, we went to go explore the ruins at the ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Soloroma Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72