Sol Plaza Puno
Travel Blogs from Puno
After finishing up with our trek out of Colca Canyon on the 10th, we took a day bus from Chivay into Puno. Puno is the city that sits on the edge of Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world sitting at around 3900m above sea level. Puno is also a pretty crummy little city with not much to see or do except tour the lake. We …
We're on a 9-hour bus trip from Cusco to Puno, through the green, pastoral valleys at the Cusco end, through the high, arid plains in the middle to the hilly city of Puno on Lake Titicaca.
Road trips are just plain fun. To see a country on the ground can’t compare to flying around everywhere. Adore seeing people going about …
After a 6 hour day bus from Cusco we arrived in Puno which is the Port town on Lake Titicaca. Lake Titicaca is set in the Andes Mountains at an altitude of around 12,500 feet, and as such, earns the title of highest navigable lake in the world.
We were then transferred to our Hotel, the Hotel Sol Plaza. This was a pleasant surprise, a nice …
Took the Inkaexpress from Cusco at 7.30am and arrived at Puno at 5.30pm, after a day of sightseeing, lunch with and of the llamas (not me, of course) and a minor road blockade by the farmers protesting about their water supply, where our bus was painted with slogans. Stayed in a pretty nice hotel with the most enormous bed and a hot shower - I …
... islands of Uros and then the beautiful Taquile island - one of the biggest on the Peruvian side of the lake. Lake Titicaca is huge - more like a sea - and is the highest navigable lake in the world. 60% of it belongs to Peru, and the other 40% to Bolivia, but the borders on the lake itself are pretty lax and fishermen can pretty much work anywhere freely. The people in this region a not Quechua but Aymara - the other main ethnic group and language in ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Room service
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Free parking