The Soho Loft
TripAdvisor Reviews The Soho Loft New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... tempura to paella to tagine, it brought back memories of travels past.
Bidding my friend goodnight, I hopped the subway back to Rockefeller to see the lights once more, checking out Saks Fifth Ave and getting my photo taken in front of that tree, yes, that tree with the help of a friendly passerby. Being a Sunday night, I stayed til just after they turned off the tree lights - yes, folks, even the Rockefeller Tree must sleep.
... we left the park and found a coffee shop to warm our hands and our bodies, Shaylee managed to have a delicious hot cider unfortunately sans alcohol.
Back up Broadway to ground zero and the amazing tribute that has been left to the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Two pools where the footprints of the towers once stood, surrounded by the names of all those who lost there lives and a silent vigil being kept by thewhite roses placed around by loved ones. It ...
... and clean up the mess! No one came...... The boys asked to go to bed so I let them, letting them know someone might be here shortly cleaning......... No one came....... The basketball boys returned and Dale rang reception to tell them of the issue and that no one had come to clean up, they said they'd send someone right up.............No one came...........so we went to bed, if someone came now after 11.30pm, we'd tell them too bad, we were in bed!!!! WOW!! This is a US$500.00 a night ...
... We then went a little further into the Museum and found the largest Blue Whale in the world and, of course, a panda for our sweet Stephanie.
We then re-boarded the bus and made our way to another bus which took us to . . . Yankee Stadium. Even though we're not Yankees fans, it was certainly very cool to see the stadium.
We then got back on the Uptown bus and made our way along Central Park and the museums . The ...
... new-ish attraction in NY: the High Line. This is a 1.45 mile old rail way line that has been decommissioned and turned into a park above the city. There are also various artworks here and random pop up food stalls and art stalls. One of the first things we see is a pop up food store for Melt. This stall sells ice cream sandwiches. Lucy and I get one each, Lucy gets the red velvet one and I opt for the Morticia: chocolate candied cookie with chocolate ice creams. They are sooooo ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!