Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... special plans for midsommar, usually celebrating with family and friends somewhere near the water in the archiplago, or a green meadow filled with summer flowers.
We have done that in years past and have wonderful memories, but this year, well the weather forecast wasn't great and we were just settling into our Södermalm home so we wanted to stay here.
... quite lovely. Definitely worth shelling out the miles to upgrade. Having a seat that lies flat is pretty nice! Managed to catch a few hours of sleep. Good food too, though somewhat excessive on the portioning - we were still flying from America I guess. The movie selection was impressive - unfortunately I'd already seen most of this year's Oscar nominees and wasn't about to watch Gravity without Tina. When walking to the bathroom I noticed one man ...
... what we were supposed to be doing with the instructions all yelled at us in Swedish by people in army gear! Even more interesting was turning to your partner & hoping they could explain in English what we were doing (didn't feel so bad when some of the Swedes didn't even understand what we were meant to be doing!). Lucky everyone I was partnered with spoke ...
... whereas the rugs and floor coverings are named after Danish areas and lakes. The guide made a valid point about the Swedish being on top of the Danish.
Another country, another ****** off Eurail customer. The original train ticket was over 2,000 euro. I go to book 2 second class seats (mandatory to book) from Amsterdam to Brussels and there's a mandatory reservation cost of $100. What about the Brussels to Paris leg in a few weeks - the ...
... also the first to be built with two gun decks. It was built in 1628, and sunk 30 minutes and one mile into its maiden voyage. For three centuries it sat at the bottom of the bay in Stockholm before it was raised up in 1961. Surrounding the ship itself, there are displays of everything that went down with her; artifacts, cannons, barrels, even skeletons of some of the 40 people who perished as she sank. The ships grandeur was her undoing. The ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147