Travel Blogs from Stockholm
It was suggested by our host that if we liked museums then the best one to visit is the Vasa museum, a maritime museum which contains a 17th Century warship from the Swedish fleet which due to poor design and a little bad luck only made it 1km from the dock before sinking. On the part of the historians good luck came about as the boat had sunk on water which did not support the sea creatures which would have eaten it away and as such 98% of the ...
... in Kungsträdgården.
They arrived at noon just in time to find me taking my 2075th photo of the palace guards marching down the street. Since they are loyal blog readers they could appreciate my need to snap photos where ever we go.
We decided to lunch at Prinsen. Gunbritt and I selected the gazpacho...while it tasted wonderful they gave us each about four tablespoon of ...
... s: it’s my surname so we had to go there. It was like being in somebody’s living room (somebody with wonderfully bonkers taste). Then Marty had to head back to the ship for work – there’s no let up in the daily bingo, trivia and DJ-ing schedule. Despite being in such a fascinating place for the night, some fools just don’t care to leave the ship.
We’d scouted out a couple of bars that might be fun for the evening and later ...
... me. Not in a bad way, but just that this might be a more couples-oriented group.
But why is that?
Well, the one thing (or actually the two things) that determine the demographics of the passengers is (or are) the itinerary and the length of the cruise. South America and Antarctica, 17 days, rules out some people (and I’m talking about a lot of characteristics, including age, available time off from work if not retired, interests). The ...
Welcome back readers (aka Granma and Granpa),
Hope you all are keeping well and enjoyed that little burst of summertime these past few weeks. A lot of has happened since I last left you including:
-The Dodgefathers won the CHC Dodgeball tournament!
-I visited Stockholm and Paris
-Kluane came to town
In honour of the Stockholm section of this blog, enjoy this ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $2,200
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $176
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $307
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $1,399
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $207
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $865
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $147
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $865
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $35
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $176
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $1,100
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $121
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $122
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $150
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $132
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $186
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $1,880
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $122
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $129