Sleep Inn & Suites
Travel Blogs from Lawton
3. Visit to John Lobb Shoes and given a personal tour by Neil McLaran. Then visiting in his after- work pub.
4. Stonehenge and touching a Henge stone at Avebury.
5. Dinner with Cade and Jill at Wolseley's.. it was so surreal to be in London together.
1. Anne Frank's original diary. The realization that she was Grant's ...
... the Mara River by the thousands. Seeing the migration with wildebeest as far as the eye could see. This is why we came to the Serengeti.
7. Lioness carrying her week old cubs in her mouth. We saw 55 lions total.
8. 3 day old baby giraffe being very skiddish and not letting us up-close .
9. Following the Mother Lioness as she goes to fetch her month old cubs and follow them back ...
... proceeded to send an email to my sisters and other family to see if anyone wanted to join us. 9 other family members said "yes!" After research and discussion with several travel agencies, we decided on Tanzania with a side trip to Zanzibar. Rick, Grant and I will travel to London for a week prior to Safari. Jack is staying home to participate in OU's "Summer Academy" and summer school. This decision will pay off for him when he gets to suit up this fall. ...
... milk on cereal; needless to say, we've had trouble regulating the Jucy fridge temperature! Just as we were packing up, we had four unexpected visitors nonchalantly meander through our campsite. The white-tailed deer walked past us, posing for a few photos, and disappeared as silently as they had arrived out of nowhere. It was magical, and Wichita Mtns remains one of the highlights of our road trip to date! Thanks, Erika!
... We then drove by the school where Brian and Chris attended school and where they first played soccer.
We then returned to the motohome just before the skies opened up and the winds came. After living there for three years, we never forgot the intensity of an Oklahoma thunderstorm, and this one reinforced that memory!
The next day we decided to lay over an extra day to go to the commissary and PX, watch some football and chill.