Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro
Travel Blogs from Upper Marlboro
The Capitol Hill, where the US congress resides, is a very interesting building when it comes to history and architecture. There are free walking tours available (about 1 hour long), but first you have to register online for them: www.visitthecapitol.gov. Well worth a visit! Just be sure not to carry any water, other liquids or food with you as they won't allow you to enter with them.
At the end of my stay in the capital I also took ...
... priority was to get a USA SIM card. Both were achieved prior to me meeting up with Terri and Steve. How wonderful it was to see them just walking up the road on 14th St. Terri and I went to the Smithsonian Museum of American History the following day, while Steve had a golf lesson. Last time I visited Washington I didn't get to see the 1st Ladies Dress collection, so off we went as our first port of call. Each of the 1st Ladies since ...
- packed our bags and cleaned the apartment
- foraged for food at a local diner
- got all our bags down the stairs from our non-elevator walk up apartment to the street
- flagged a taxi big enough for all our bags and people and eniticed it to follow us back to our apartment door
- loaded up and headed off uptown helping the taxi driver to find the address (we're from Brisvegas people.....don't know NY....we thought ...
... home games on in the cities I was visiting on my intended travel dates. But, as luck would have it, the Washington Capitals, had made it through to the Eastern Conference Quarter Finals of the Stanley Cup, and had a home game against the New York Rangers. Whilst tickets to the game had already sold out, the Canadians had suggested I see if any scalpers were selling tickets. So I went down to the Verizon Arena where the game was to be played and looked for the dodgiest loiterer I ...
... medium; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt; ">
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations