How has this hotel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Sleep Inn Morganton
Travel Blogs from Morganton
... this section of the Smoky Mountains is in Tennessee). There is a very steep trail way up to an observation tower at the summit and this gives 360 degree views. We did walk the trail but unfortunately it was quite cloudy so our views were certainly limited.
We stayed overnight in Robbinsville which is close to the most westerly point in North Carolina. Next morning another heavy windy pull up the mountains and we entered Tennessee, this time with a welcome sign so ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...
Pulled in around 2:30. Glad not to have another extended trip time anytime soon. We had a wonderful trip. Great friends to travel with, would definitely get the Special Ed Posse together again anytime, just not back to Alaska! Statistics are a bit sketchy, but by my feeble calculations, we did the following:
Air Miles 5008
Rail Miles 283
Bus Miles 543
Car Miles 1700
Ship Miles 1240
- The Green Park Inn, Built in 1882, grand hotel reminds me of the once fabulous Biltmore.
- A different local group or musician plays on the porch each week. The group today is called Handlebar Betty. They sound like a mix of Bluegrass and Mountain ...
We were privileged to be able to attend Andy's awards presentation ceremonies today at Hudson Elementary School. It's always a proud moment to celebrate all the children's academic achievement awards, but especially so those of my grandchildren! Andy received awards doe Academic Achievement, Reading and Math Mastery and a special Leadership awards!! Job well done grandson!! Job WELL done! You make me so proud!! ...