How has this hotel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Sleep Inn Morganton
Travel Blogs from Morganton
- Orchard HistoryPerched on the crest of the Blue Ridge atop the Eastern Continental Divide, the Orchard occupies a unique spot in both America’s landscape and history. Geography has been a key to the Orchard's story on both counts. Occupying a commanding location above two important watersheds - the North Toe River, which eventually reaches the Gulf of Mexico, and the North Fork of the Catwaba, which finds ...
... side wall of one of the caravan tyres and it was deflating. Fortunately we were able to drive the short distance to Sears Autocare and have the tyre replaced. At least we were not having to do it on the side of a mountain road.
The Great Smoky Mountains and the Parkway continues in Tennessee. We wanted to see Cades Cove as it is particularly picturesque and it is the season to see some of the wildlife including the black bears and the deer. Unfortunately for us it ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...
Pulled in around 2:30. Glad not to have another extended trip time anytime soon. We had a wonderful trip. Great friends to travel with, would definitely get the Special Ed Posse together again anytime, just not back to Alaska! Statistics are a bit sketchy, but by my feeble calculations, we did the following:
Air Miles 5008
Rail Miles 283
Bus Miles 543
Car Miles 1700
Ship Miles 1240
- The Green Park Inn, Built in 1882, grand hotel reminds me of the once fabulous Biltmore.
- A different local group or musician plays on the porch each week. The group today is called Handlebar Betty. They sound like a mix of Bluegrass and Mountain ...