Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel
Photos of Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel London
Travel Blogs from London
Where we last left off, I believe (and by believe I mean I reread my last post and know) that we were loving life in business class and thrilled just to be on the way. Fast forward 10 hours and we were grumpy, feeling slightly squished after changing planes into a less roomy business class, feeling incredibly sheepish for feeling slightly squashed, and just ready to get off a bloody jet plane. Apparently that feeling is not just reserved for economy. Good to know. So ...
Today we left Dublin by ferry to Holyhead then caught the train to London for the next stage of our holiday. We loved Ireland the history is unbelievable, the tour was well directed by Carmel and the safe driving of Gary, they were both very informative, courteous and caring people. Our hotels were of good standard, our meals were great, no complaints. 1653klms took us from Dublin to ...
... them again at customs may have sent alarm bells off that our bags were overweight, thus necessitating this particular purchase.
We have continued to promise ourselves that before we leave the UK all the whiskey will either be drunk or given away, all the rusks and chocolates consumed (and not restocked), and one of the bags will be dropped off with the shipping company to ease our burden. Watch this space to see how that one goes!
GSNENY has successfully made it to London! The journey to London was eventful and the group bonded over new experiences with public transportation. We then gallantly fought our jet lag once we arrived at Pax Lodge, our home for the week. Our program today included an overview, interactions with our *****ian sister guides, a tour of London, and a trip on the London Eye. Here are the girls' stories:
Brandi - Today, ...
... built for swimming that I secretly longed to jump in, everything was an unearthly kind of tranquil that I could not believe existed in the middle of the city. No longer allowed to swim in the lake, people were filing up to jump in canoes and paddle boats to wade across the vast section of water. The lake was full of ducks, geese, and swans. Through vast fields and oak trees to the back of the park sat Kensington Palace. ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience