Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel
Travel Blogs from London
... rather a lot of time online and enjoy reading other peoples blogs (more usually on the subject of books, food or dating) so I thought this might be a good way to document my trip. Also it should mean I don't annoy people too much on social media with smug updates and if people want to know what I am really up to they can choose to come and find out what's going on here. Plus I know I'll get one enthusiastic reader ...
... so off back home when we got home realised we had no keys and nobody home so a call to Daniels mum to rescue us. we then for a second time said emotional goodbyes.we had a pleasant drive down until we arrived in London where we went round and round Heathrow airport eventually we got to the Hotel - Jury's inn checked in and to my surprise ...
... water below us playing on the water & playing in the sand. We rode to one side then we got off & got on again to ride back. Both kids really enjoyed the ride. Afterwards, it was time for an ice cream & we went to go investigate the people on the water underneath the cable car & the sandbox we saw. The children played in the sandbox for a few minutes but mr started acting up & that ended that expedition.
... off at the closest stop to our hotel and started walking, which took about 30 minutes. Wow, did we do some walking today!
We had a late lunch, so decided to have a very light dinner and an early night.
As we had purchased a 48 hour bus tour, we again walked to the closest stop and hopped on one of the buses and went back to Oxford Street. It was a little but quieter, but still a lot of people, so did a little bit of shopping ...
... broke :( haven't even started the tour and it is already stuffed! The wheel broke and so now it doesn't roll, I dont know what I am going to do :( Once we checked into the hostel, we headed up to our room. If you can even call it that. It is a tiny room which is about 3 metres wide and about 6 metres long and has 5 lots of bunk beds in there for 10 people together. The space between the beds is about 30cm so suitcase and getting around is a little bit hard :/ There are 6 girls ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel London
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $307
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $158
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $163
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotel
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $393
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $275
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $232
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $201
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $355
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $295
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $324
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience