Silom Golden Inn
Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... in the hotel while trying to find out a bit about Myanmar / Burma. It's great to just stop for a few days and chill out but looking forward to getting on the road again tomorrow and discovering Myanmar. It's definitely a bit off the beaten track, there's not too much current information available about it so it will be a case of back to basics with a high level plan and figure the rest out as we go along!
... a second felt unsafe. As we step out of our hotel, which is nowhere near the centre of town, we see a few soldiers lining the streets, seemingly keeping patrol. While it's mildly unsettling, it's more of a novelty than a worry. This balance later swings to the anxiety side when, ten heavily armed tanks roll past as we're sitting in the salon. All this is not to paint the picture that Bangkok is dangerous and sex-ridden. The city itself is mad and wonderful and constantly exciting. ...
... massage for 120baht(2pounds 40pence). Hence, its safe to say we enjoyed that!
I know this post has been a bit all over the place but I promise they will get more organised. I am also going to upload my pre-holiday checklist for all you backpackers to check off!
Well thats it for now, I'm sure I'll have much more to tell you soon enough.
... sidewalks. At first glance the main roads actually looked quite empty. But then you would round a corner and there would be groups of people involved in major water fight, teenagers rising by in tuk tuks with water guns and kids throwing buckets at passing traffic. I especially enjoyed being pelted with ice cubes by a grandmother from an upstairs balcony. Taking a break from the celebrations I visited another temple, Wat Suthat, only to get thrown some more water in my ...
Insurances, not including bobsledding, potholing and hiking above 3000m, have been researched and purchased. Now, to find thin, under-gloves, a stylish walking cap and long-sleeved, merino top!
We've begun the Annual Pilgrimage. The last of the annual maintenance chores were completed before the somewhat leisurely exit from Mackay ... and a semi-itinerary is in place. Hopefully any future cyclones ...
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $135
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $113
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $46
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $79
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $41
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $145
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $68
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $116
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $338
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $85
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $137
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $85