Silom Golden Inn
Travel Blogs from Bangkok
We started our journey from Bath on 9th for a stopover in Reading with our pals Gilly and Hugh, who are also keeping our car safe on their drive for the duration. Kind Hugh delivered us and our luggage to the Railair bus and we loaded our bags in the hold and ourselves on board. No sooner were we sat, strapped in and just getting cosy, when we were instructed to leave the bus and transfer onto another. No ...
... before we wandered to the 7/11 for some sustenance for Ashlee and then back to our room to pack all our belongings and gifts into our bags, careful to double check flight times and having passports handy. We ordered a taxi for 2.30pm and headed for the airport- I wasn't worried but it took 20 minutes to drive 3 km and this was not peak traffic. However we had plenty of time and could use the last of ...
... it at that but I think we all had a great time and no regrets with that experience! After four nights on that island Lindsay and I were on our way to Koh Tao where I was going to fulfill my life long dream of scuba certification. Unfortunately, she had been sick and it was not letting up so diving was not an option for her. For the next 6 days, I learned the ropes for diving and went through the motions for getting my badge of honor. Day one.. Classroom. For 6 hours! 5 long ...
... up the Chao Phraya River to the final pier (number 30). Travelling up the river, you can see the scope of expansion of this amazing city. On the way, I passed not one but two road brides in separate places under construction.
Moreover, the contrast between wealth and poverty is never more obvious her than by the river. Pristine new tower blocks loom over shacks which are collapsing into the ...
... de tanta beleza, avenidas imensas e limpas, o rio que corta a cidade e seus infinitos canais são todos navegáveis e funciona tudo muitíssimo bem obrigada!!! Onibus são muito baratos, como 8 bath, enquanto tuktuks podem variar de 100 a 300 baths em media, dependendo da distância e quantidade de pessoas. É bem fácil andar de onibus e metro aqui, mas a noite a melhor opção são os famosos Tuktuks. A maior parte ...
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $135
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $46
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $113
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $79
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $41
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $145
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $68
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $116
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $338
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $85
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $137
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $85