Silom Golden Inn
Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... easy right? Just a simple 12 hour border crossing.
The next morning we were up and outside Born Free Hostel for 7.15am. We nipped to 7Eleven to get some breakfast as we had some time as we knew they'd be on Thai time. 7.30am came and I was just about to pour myself a bowl of cereal when the mini bus driver arrived. On time? I'm already suspicious. Ended up eating 2 of those mini cereal boxes by pouring the milk into the little bags, actually worked really ...
... centre, before getting lost we had to cut it off at some point. We knew we had another day, time before and after Hong Kong, we just didn't realise how big this part of the city was. We had gone from liking it from our first visit, to returning to the same area and not liking it, thinking of leaving Thailand instead of moving to an island or different part of the country, to moving to another part of town and loving it! Realising how big the capital really is. The next day we ...
... Despite our 'thanks but no thanks', he gets aggressive and tells us to leave immediately, calling us stupid. We hang around until the rain dies down and move into a nearby temple, which he claimed to be closed. After some research, apparently this is a common scam. You've been warned! Ironically, we spent the rest of the next day scamming our way into other temples for free! "When in Rome" comes to mind. In our defence, ...
... different acts performing on each. We first headed to the main stage and sat down to what we thought was traditional Thai combat with different weapons such as spears and whips. The routines were well choreographed and performed by young people in impressive silk outfits to the tune of traditional Thai music. Once this was over the next act was a group of girls dressed in very elaborate headdresses dancing around the stage to the music of the 'sun’. ...
... on the hotels river boat which took me to the main pier. Then bought express boat ticket which takes you to the major stops on the river only. Arrived after about 15 mins at my stop. Got off and wandered my way thru a market which was selling just about everything including food that you couldn't pay me to eat. Found my way to the temple, bought my ticket an wandered in. Luckily the ticket included a free bottle of water which I would definitely ...
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $179
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $74
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $49
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $57
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $248
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $42
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $201
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $70
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $114
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $121
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $112
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $79
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $98
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $100
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $90
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $98
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $158
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Superb hotel
- Nice Hotel
- Okay, but worth your while to check elsewhere