Siam Orchid Inn
Travel Blogs from Bangkok
Today was one of the earlier starts for the boys so they had time to complete the Amazing Race. This involved the boys traveling around to different parts of the city using a variety of different forms of public transport.
In what will go down as one of the more interesting conclusions to the race in recent history, Team 1 failed to go to the right part of the train station to get a photo, while Team 2 didn't read all of the instructions and decided not to ...
... is over 42 stories high and nothing else in the area comes close. Later that day, when the teacher returned she decided to show me and one of the other teachers up there so we hopped in a lift. Once you reach the 42nd floor you have to get out and walk the rest. In doing so you have to pass through some rather authorisation-only looking doors and shove some leaflets in another fire exit door to ensure your safe passage back. Up ...
... San area, this is the way to do it. Exit the main entrance and turn left. When you get to the corner wait until you see the #53 bus, flag it down, pay your 6.50 Baht (or $0.24) sit back and enjoy the ride. It takes about 40 minutes to wind your way through Bangkok to get to Thalan Phra Athit, but it is a fun ride. After Orla almost got left on the bus (the driver doesn’t stop very long) we found a hotel, checked in, and set out ...
Had a personal tour with our guide 'Tiny'. Went to three different temples! Very impressive but definitely seen enough temples for a while! Tine said there are 33,000 temples in Thailand. 95% of the population are Buddhist. Thailand but in particular Bangkok has a high Chinese population (also Buddhist). Thailand used to be Siam but changed ...
Meet new contract to repair wood panels outside before leaving for Northeast. Both of us travel with Nithipat, Somjainuk and Suvimol. First stop is Ayudthaya, Wat Monkolbopit. Have breakfast at ปตท (เย็นต 634;โฟ ร้านม$ 33;ลลิกา) For Lunch ...
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $135
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $46
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $113
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $79
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $41
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $145
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $68
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $116
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $338
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $85
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $137
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $85