Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... for skates as we whizzed round the mall's ice-rink (well, *I* whizzed, Mike was slightly less graceful on the ice...). Still, much fun was had by all and we soon headed home for a nighttime swim to end the evening.
The following day was my last in bustling Bangkok so I set off to treat myself to a traditional Thai massage in preparation for my long-haul flight home the next day. Little did I realise, 'relaxing' would not be a word I used to describe the event! I ...
... headed out for lunch on Soi 55 (Thonglor)
We ate at the amazing little thai hole in the wall under Jodi and Khengs work.
Enjoying delicious local thai food for next to nothing.
Heading back to the hotel with full stomachs, we did a little more research and lazed around.
Dinner was also Thai. Returning to a restaurant we frequented last time we were in Bangkok we enjoyed yummy Penang curry, chicken satay and other typical Thai dishes.
... their king, and before the movie starts everyone has to stand up and listen to the song. So ya that was interesting. Oh and the previews lasted 30+ minutes. Was ridiculously long. Today we are just doing some walking and relaxing in hostel before we grab a train at 730pm to go to Chiang Mai over night on a sleeper train. We'll see how that ...
This morning we flew the short distance from Koh Samui back to Bangkok. After lunch the sightseeing that I had planned was out voted in favour or spending time by the rooftop pool at our hotel. Today is also my dad's birthday so come the start of happy hour the cocktail order was promptly lodged. Despite receiving cards and presents from us he hasn't had any texts yet from the UK. If you're ...
... window trying not to be ill I was overwhelmed by a (perhaps misplaced) sense of happy nostalgia... I have taken at least 10 terrible, terrible bus trips like this, and this will be my last one. I found myself looking over at the miserable look on Jan's face, periodically looking at me and slowly shaking her head with rage and I got so sad at the idea of experiences like this being over.
Once we got to Bangkok we had a bit of a crazy ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Siam Hotel Bangkok
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $135
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $113
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $46
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $79
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $41
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $145
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $68
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $116
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $338
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $85
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $137
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $85