Short Stay London
Travel Blogs from London
... current troops having only just returned from Afghanistan.
Inside there are a number of displays, mainly relating to previous tenants; Henry VIII and Sir Arthur Wellesley, The Duke of Wellington.
Of course the centrepiece is the viewing of the Royal silverware, the crown jewels, punchbowls, sceptres and all the shiny stuff. To view it you queue for 15-20 minutes, go through a display of the history of the jewels, how Protector Cromwell had the ...
... it. I *thought* it detailed the Camden Fringe Festival. When I opened up that red catalog, I just couldn't believe it. The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is so huge that its catalog is indexed at least three different ways (alphabetically by act, by venue, and by geographical location). Next year, I may find myself in Scotland blogging about one fringe production after another.
... on the subway with his wife. Naturally, Devon tried to take his picture by "taking a selfie", unfortunately he caught on so we didn't get a great picture, but it's still a picture. Also I have to admit that I've never seen the second Hunger Games movie so I had no idea who he was. If I had recognized him I can guarantee I would not have been able to "be cool" so it's probably best that I did not recognize him.
Lauren and I ...
Flight # 3 is a long one, we are seated in the last row of seats at the back of the plane row 73.. good flight apart from a very loud man who insisted on standing near us, luckily we had turbulence so he had to go back to his seat. After a pretty uneventful trip we arrived at Heathrow early this morning at 5.20 am. (Saturday) Caught the underground to South Kensington station and had some breakfast and then made our way to our apartment. Had ...
... beforehand, so we had to rely on our natural navigation instincts. Luckily, it had just finished drizzling and we were completely dry coming back to the hostel.
I'm glad today is a relaxed day before flying to Paris. It is a bitter sweet feeling to leave London so soon. There is just so much to do! I will definitely have to come back here one day.
Next stop Paris!
-- Ryan L.
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience