Short Stay London
Travel Blogs from London
... weather being great again, we head off to see the Royal Mews. This is not a bunch of cats performing a chorus, it is the Queen's horses and carriages. This time we take the bus. We haven't tried this mode of transportation and who wouldn't want to ride a double decker bus? So we figure out our route (they have an app for that) and off we go. One bus will take us right to Buckingham Palace. We sit up in the top and have amazing views of our trip, more picture opportunities!
Kathryn Overnight bus to london ... And bam we were in musical vill! We did not waste time and threw money at everything we could throw money at. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (musical), Mexican and Indian food, The drowned man (show), books, Billy Elliot (musical) makeup, clothes, Matilda (musical), chocolate cake, icecream The lion king (musical), the metro and the giant m&m store. We had reached the point of no return with our spenditure ...
... We made it to Piccadilly Circus which is basically a smaller version of Times Square in New York City. From there we made our way to Trafalgar Square to see the four lions and the new addition of the giant blue chicken. We stopped in the National Portrait Gallery but the line was too long for the exhibit on Van Gogh that caught out eye.
A ton of walking later we found ourselves along the river looking at Shakespeare's Globe theater. I like the building because ...
... Of all the places I could have gone and all the people to ask for directions...it turns out it is right where my future workplace is!!! Is that not weird to you all?
Over the past few weeks I have done some fun things on weekends as well. Marie and I went into Shoreditch to Brick Lane and went to the markets there and had a look around. We went to an American diner too which was fun. Last week, Tonk and I met up as well which was fun. I used to work with him at ...
Last day in London but both Taylor and I agree it's time to leave London just way to many people for Tay & I to handle So we went and did of course a little more shopping. Sat at Marble Arch and had our favorite Mark & Spencer's Prawn & Mayo Sandwiches for lunch. Then went back to our hotel to get ready for our proper high tea and Wicked show. We had figured to end our England trip with a proper High Tea (not themed like we did earlier) and going to ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience