Short Stay London
Travel Blogs from London
... Phyll, lovely to hear the dogs were fine and wandering in and out of the Folly. You will be a very popular person there! Mum and Dad, great to talk this morning. I am about to go out and find the bus. It's nearly 8am here. Also...you might want to check the blog a couple of times a day as I will be updating that day as I get the time....so each day could change from your first reading. Ok...I'll ...
... us into Middle Temple Hall, which isn't ordinarily open to the public. It's used mostly as a dining hall these days, but in the past has been visited by kings and queens, seen important meetings, and also performances of plays, among others those of William Shakespeare and his company, the Lord Chamberlin's Players.
After dinner I went on another walking tour, also of nearby areas, though a bit more far ...
... and a delicious buffet breakfast of stir fried veggies, rice, hash browns, scrambled eggs, pastries, a variety of freshly squeezed juices, fresh coffee and a selection of cooked and cold meats for Paul.. This was a good start to the adventure!!!
After a visit to the butterfly room at singapore airport and a long massage for Paul in the massage chair (which I think has almost been the highlight of the trip for Paul so far), we boarded the plane just after ...
... back to see out of the plane. She chose to lean back and stare out Doug's window.
Just when I thought it was safe to go back to reading the Duty Free offerings, I became aware that a young black man was standing in the aisle looking at me. I said "Yes" and he looked up at the seat number. I assumed he meant I was in his seat. I looked at his ticket and then pointed to the numbers behind him and then it dawned on him that a window seat was not ...
... room was that of The Dinning Room. I can’t lie, but it was dominated by Van Dyke’s equestrian portrait of King Charles I (1600-1649). If you’ve watched Downton Abbey, you will definitely recognize this portrait. There are several other versions of this same portrait including the one owned by the Queen herself in the Royal Collection.
About this time, I was getting a little famished, and Mr. Rymill continued to be the ultimate host, as ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $307
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $158
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $163
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotel
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $393
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $275
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $232
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $201
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $355
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $295
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $324
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience