Scottish Inns Sun Valley
Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... traffic jams everywhere! Although it was only 5am so I'd be shocks if there was rush hour traffic at this time. Our suitcases were scanned through an environmental scanner before we were allowed to check them in. Similar to the New Zealand airport the Honolulu airport had passport scanning machines which would print your flight boarding passes once you had signed in. I had to ask a staff member what we had to do with the adding bags option, she said we had to add one ...
... years shaved off my life sitting in traffic and breathing your air, I am no worse for the wear. I am truly grateful for the wonderful friends and memories accumulated along the way. Now I begin a new adventure! Until we meet again.
... a slip of paper with my name, what was taken, and why (to which they wrote "security reasons"). I was told I just have to show this paper when I disembark and I'll get the slingshots back. Nobody told me where to go or when though, so after Immigration, I walked up to a uniformed guy and asked about it. He said I was supposed to have gotten them on the ship, but the ship told me "In L.A."
I had to play the game of going to someone and asking and they tell me to go ...
... felt we couldn't lie. We arrived on Thanksgiving evening and the only thing that was open was Burger King so our thanksgiving consisted of Burger King and Glee. We spent the day in Los Angeles going to Starbucks, IHOP and Trader Joes. We flew to NewZealand with Air NewZealand. It was a really nice flight, they were quite spacious seats, the food was good, plenty if films and the plane was massive. It was so big we didn't realise the plane had taken off or ...
... tsetse flies. Bet'cha didn't know that! Fortunately, the clothes we found (in natural earth tones as recommended - how cute!) are probably suitable for most travel. But I refused to buy a safari hat! I look like a boob in one. And did I mention the various bug sprays, sun screens, self-inflating cushions and the other miscellaneous **** one cannot seem to live without? We made the mistake of reading travel blogs which ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $329
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $202
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $111
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $158
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $152
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $234
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $134
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $101
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $111
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $108
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $219
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $106
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $280
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!