Scottish Inns Sun Valley
Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... tour of the main, downstairs, rooms. Sadly I think Alfred should be put out to pasture soon. 'How old is the minstrel gallery, in this dining room' he was asked. 'I can't quite recall at the moment' he replied 'are there anymore questions'. 'When WR had guests, did any antiquities get damaged'. 'Yes'. It was all preposterous fun. The buildings reminded me of Port Merion in sunshine. The mix of contents however, was unique. Like at Graceland you meet at a ...
... top of someone that must be videoed!). We drove past dozens of celeb homes including; Steven Spielberg, Whoopi Goldberg (our guide was a slimmer spitting image and beat us to it by saying that she had been told that before!), Tom Hanks, Adam Sandler, Bill Crosby, Hilary Swank, Marilyn Monroe and plenty more. Our guide Kimeko was very knowledgeable and funny and ...
... usual people were coming out of the baggage collection place, and after a a nice reunion we headed out to his flat near his college (Occidental) in LA.
Upon arriving at Nandos flat and meeting a few of this flatmates, I jumped onto my computer to see what the deal was with my insurance and soon found out that if my luggage is lost for more than 12 hours I am entitled to up to $1000 for essential things! Needless to say we were soon headed to the mall ...
... Lightyear ride!
The most memorable ride may be the Pirates of the Caribbean as this is where Dustin suffered a nosebleed, poor guy got it just as ride started as spent the entire ride rather uncomfortable (the ride was pretty awesome, pirates were creepily life like). So we got to pay a visit to the Disneyland First Aid.
Didnt get to bed till 12am, long day full of so much fun. Lucky to have Dustin to join me in my Disneyland adventure :-)
... the main drag which is yet another interesting sight seeing all these locals meet tourist! beggers just a warning but they are okay if you say no straight away!
The walk there will take around 30 minutes depending how long you take to walk and how many stops you make :)
On the way home it will take about 25 minutes on the main street.
3rd promonede Street was pretty cool - just all little botquie shops and then you do have ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $329
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $202
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $111
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $158
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $152
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $234
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $134
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $101
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $111
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $108
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $219
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $106
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $280
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!