San Diego Hotel Hongkong
TripAdvisor Reviews San Diego Hotel Hongkong Hong Kong
Travel Blogs from Hong Kong
... of what is known as Central are connected by above ground covered walkways. They connect huge banking giants' headquarters to luxury shopping malls. We mosied on through past the malls to a few squares and famous old buildings (so famous that what they were called escapes me).
At this point I should probably describe HKG island and HKG from a geographical point of view, after all we are both geographers. HKG is incredibly hilly. Hilly probably doesn't do it ...
... of the Hong Kong harbour. I saw a ginormous boat, 3 bumper boats were pushing it. At night time we saw the laser show where each building sets out a laser in the sky. If you are right in front of it you could get blind. We saw a statue of Bruce Lee, a famous Chinese action movie star who knows a lot of karate. We had good pork buns and a twisted really yummy danish bun for breakfast.
Doug - Hong Kong is amazing place - a bustling, large city with tons to see. With only ...
... is an experience in itself. They drive like crazy, and only stop if requested by the passengers. Our driver was also blasting K-pop through the bus' speakers, making the whole scene even more hilarious.
Tuesday I decided to do another one of those walks - a heritage trail this time. The heritage trails take you through Hong Kong history, this one (the Lung Yeuk Tau heritage trail) takes you into the history of the Tang clan, one of the five large clans located in ...
... it...surprise! The number of high rise buildings covering every possible patch of land is amazing. The number of new construction sites with massive, working cranes is also extensive. Stanley Markets were colourful and interesting, plenty of souvenirs to be had and T-shirts, Indian and Thai clothes etc, etc. I asked about crocheted cardigans or vests at some of the more traditional stalls, but the older women said not for a long time...oh ...
... service when we got here, had to get on and live chat to telstra and get it sorted out. I downloaded Breaking Bad to watch on the plane on my iPad and it only had one episode done, the others hadn't downloaded. I nearly fell in the gutter twice the other day at Stanley.
Then yesterday we are coming back from Shenzhen and we are all getting our Octopus cards out ready for the train and I couldn't find mine. ...
Other places to stay in Hong Kong
西方铜锣湾, Hong Kong | 2 star hotelfrom $91
- Brilliant place to stay!!
- Great Hotel
- Good value and great location
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Nice place, but a problem with noise
- Superbly appointed!
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $345
- Best views in town--and rooms are being renovated!
- IC Hong Kong
Central and Western, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $491
- Lost its charm.
- Nice hotel, Bad service
- Ranked #5 out of 6 (all five-star hotels in Central)
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Yes very good
- Breakfast to die for
- A superb Hotel
Kowloon City, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $173
- Wonderful hotel! Huge rooms by hong kong standards!
- Smart hotel, good location, great rooftop pool
- Fabulous location...
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $212
- Good, but not Great Value in Hong Kong
- Very accommodating hotel
- Nicely decorated room
Island, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Nicest airport hotel I have ever stayed in
- Basic but Comfortable
旺角, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $166
- Stinking Room
- Exceeded Our Expectations - Happy to Recommend
- Excellent Hotel - slightly out of tourist comfort zone
Kowloon City, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Welcoming, so friendly and helpful.
- Excellent But!
- Not bad...not great...
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $313
- Not that great!
- Beautifull Place
- Beautiful place with lots of problems
1, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $227
Sha Tin, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $143
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Was ok but wasn't that great...
- Holiday Inn, Golden Mile - The Place To Stay In Hong Kong
- Very unpleasant experience
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- 5 start hotel at a great price
- Great HK hotel
- Very Good Hotel in Medium Range
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $188
- Great Location
- Great hotel but a bit far from the main shopping areas
- 5 * is one too many
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $247
- Great hotel, quiet & good location
- Quiet, refined and well located
- Worst experience ever
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Central and Western, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $563
- Great Location
- A refreshingly young team, but not snobby like other 5 star hotels in Hong Kong
- One of the best hotels in Hong Kong
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $97
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A bit small
- Unbiased review
- Great for the price
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $87
- Chinese New Year at the Charterhouse
- Excellent hotel
- Good hotel in great location
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $98
- Decent hotel for the price
- Fine for the Price
- Good Budget Hotel
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Good Hotel in Hong Kong
- Great Hotel
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Needs upgrading
- A First Time in Hong Kong.
- Nice Clean Hotel