Santa Fe Sage Inn
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Drycleaning onsite
- Continental Breakfast
- Meeting rooms/conference facilities
- Outdoor pool
- Laundry facilities (self serve)
Photos of Santa Fe Sage Inn
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TravelPod Member ReviewsSanta Fe Sage Inn
Great hotel, so easy to get around. The staff were very welcoming on arrival. Lovely supermarket next door. Bus service to downtown across the road. Great guest laundry too. Breakfast was fantastic and well worth the visit.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
Historical Traveler Reviews Santa Fe Sage Inn
We stayed at the Sage Inn for two nights in August. We paid $60 for Thursday night and $70 for Friday night. It was one of the only hotels we could find with a room available during the famed Santa Fe Indian Market weekend. Every other decent hotel in town was sold out. That made me wonder....I was very concerned until we arrived at the Inn and checked in. The snazzy new lobby/check in building was only built 3 weeks prior. There are two free internet terminals, a meeting room and a huge breakfast room with lots of tables. The free continental breakfast was a time & money saver. Sure the rooms are small but they're really clean and pleasantly decorated. The location was fantastic. We could walk to the Plaza!
We weren't sure what to expect after reading the reviews, however, we really liked this place. I believe the rooms have recently been redecorated because they looked nice. It is possible to get a very good rate by using coupons. There is enough parking space and it is possible to walk to the plaza. The people at the reception are very friendly and professional. The rooms are clean and quiet.
Nice place, convenient location
Nice place to be in Sante Fe, close to Old Town, on Cerrillos Road next to a Whole Foods. Great internet service in the lobby, and nice continental breakfast too. I'd stay here again for sure!
Rooms were tiny, and noisy. Room was so small, you had
to go outside to change your mind. Barely slept, couldn't
wait to leave. Way overpriced!
Solid value, even if reception gets a little stressed at times.
Often lone receptionist may get a little stressed with phone and primetime check-ins, but they're obviously adding and training staff as fast as they can and they do try.
Breakfast room now spreads to two standard rooms, but why worry about it. Just grab some fruit and canned juice to stash in your room and car and try any of the following for REAL breakfast - Saturday and Tuesday mornings just go across the street to the Farmers Market where bread, pastry, burritos, juice, coffee are readily available along with (depending on the season) fresh fruit, jam, and honey - Whole Foods and McDonalds are just next door - Sage Bakehouse is just down the street on Cerrillos for bread, sandwiches, pastry, beverages - keep walking on Cerrillos to the Plaza area for lots of restaurants open early - same with Guadalupe St north of the Sage Inn - Santa Fe Baking Company about 5 blocks south has pastry, beverages, full order at the counter menu.
Clean rooms, pleasant housekeeping staff, and great location.
Not disappointed at all
After reading the previous reviews, I was a bit hesitant with the choice of Sage Inn, which had been made by a friend, who had booked a flight,hotel car tour for the four of us.
We arrived after midnight, so I suspect, the lady at the reception was tired that it took quite a while to complete the check in and to convince her that everything was prepaid. But after that, we were given non smoking rooms on the first floor, all the way back at the last building, where it was absolutely quiet. The rooms were spotless, and for a motel very nicely furnished. It seemed to us, it had been renovated only lately. Bed, linnen and towels were of good quality.
The breakfast room is after all a joke. Nothing else than a normal sized motel room, with snacks prepacked on one side of the room and three tables crammed into it. You can imagine a group of 16 tourists trying to have breakfast there.....We gave it a miss and went elsewhere.
The two nights stay went very well, after the delay at check in we had absolutely no problems. I can recommend it for location, cleanliness and quality.
Always been good for me.
I've stayed regularly at the Sage Inn (formerly Budget) for about a year and a half. Most recently I was there over Christmas, 2004 and again the end of January, 2005 and have reservations for April, 2005. At Christmas, my sister and her husband stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe, generally considered a 4-star hotel, at a special internet prepaid rate twice what I paid at the Sage without prepayment. I saw their room and my room was generally equal and better in that the only chair in their room was a desk chair, I had desk chair plus small table with 2 comfortable chairs, their bed lamps did not cast light over the kingsize bed for reading, mine were wallmounted swing arm lights that provided good reading light, they had circle the building and squeeze in parking and I had at door parking. Okay, so I didn't have a restaurant or concierge in the building, wouldn't have used them if I had. In January, room was comfortable, clean, quiet, as has always been my experience. Smoking rooms seem to be upstairs rooms, so if you insist on upstairs nonsmoking that might decrease your chances of getting what you want. If I have any problems about getting a nonsmoking room or anything else, I'll honestly post the problem for others to consider; but, I really think in my experience this is a reliable, comfortable, conveniently located, quiet motel with unusually spacious parking for Santa Fe. Do be sure to check their direct vs online site rates that can vary by 100% either way depending on date.
A superior budget hotel. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Courteous, helpful staff. Walking distance to the plaza and Guadalupe Street. Great location.
A terrible experience. The motel is dirty and noisy, but that's just the start. Traveling alone, I requested a room near the office. The clerk rudely put me in the last room at the farthest corner.
The room had not been well cleaned; trash baskets still full, junk on the floor, cigarette ashes on edge of bathtub.
Not only that I was ROBBED.
While I was out, someone entered the room and stole personal belongings.
When I reported the stolen property, they shrugged and said "no one could get in room," yet there were maintenance people everywhere going in and out of rooms and the place is not well run.
Stay at your peril.
*Potential Guests Beware!!!*
i understand this is a cheap motel and i have stayed in cheaper places all over the world- but i wouldnt have complained had i thought i got my $65. worth.
The reason I hate the Santa Fe Budget Inn, Santa Fe, New Mexico is for the following reasons:
1. I attempted to make the reservation online but there was no way to specify a non-smoking room. So I made the reservation over the phone to ensure that I would be reserving a non-smoking room. This is important because of my allergy to cigarette smoke. I also specified and was guaranteed a second floor room. I made the reservation for one night. the staff is extremely incompetent and rude. absolutely no customer service skills what so ever.
2. Upon arrival they had so badly massacred my name (I had spelled 3 times over the phone) they couldn't find my reservation. Once it was found, they said I had reserved it for 10 nights. After I corrected their mistake, that I was only there for one night, they said that they could only give us a first floor non-smoking room. Frustrated and tired, I said agreed to take the first floor room.
3. The room had obviously not been a non-smoking room for long. Everything from the curtains to the bedding had the faint smell of smoke. The smell saturated like it had once been a smoking room not like someone had just smoked in there a few times.
4. The bathroom was dirty. The toilet had a piece of paper folded several times and wedged under the base, as a wobble table at a café would have. When you sat on it it would tip forward about an inch startling the user.
5. The website listed an iron as one of the guest amenities. But not having one in our room we called the front desk and were told to come down and get it. The iron was unfit for use as someone had melted something on it. When you ironed (which fortunately we tested before using on a shirt) the iron left a permanent stain on the fabric. i.e. it was useless.
6. After we came back from dinner we waited outside the front desk office for 10 minutes for an employee so that we could either change our room or get our money back. No one ever arrived.
7. At midnight the occupants of the room above us arrived and created a ruckus keeping us from sleeping. A call to the front desk once again went unanswered. Unable to check out or get a new room, let alone get a hold of an employee we were forced to stay.
8. in the morning there was no hot running water - so the only option was a cold shower.
9. My allergies were irritated from the reaction from being exposed to the cigarette smoke.
TripAdvisor Reviews Santa Fe Sage Inn
Travel Blogs from Santa Fe
... came whooshing through the valley like a jet, so we scrambled to the top to hide out in the restored kiva, a circular, ceremonial, brick-lined room reached by climbing down a ladder. It is a truly beautiful place.
We all needed showers to get the sand out of our hair before we went to dinner at Anne's friend's house. They have a beautiful adobe house on twenty acres with a beautiful garden carved out of the scrubland. A delightful ...
... group that she has a large junk drawer that she thinks would make great art-- as if! Anyway, you be the judge; I thought the buffalo was pretty amazing.
Then, we walked over to the Loretto Chapel which was sort of an abomination. We have been in many, many churches and taken pictures (however uncomfortably), but this chapel was just over-the-top. It turns out that it is no longer used as a church which would explain why you enter the chapel and there is a loud ...