San Remo Beach
Travel Blogs from Barbados
... awe. It sounds as disciplined as it was in my time and according to Ruel or Octopus, as his friends call him, the two best schools on the island are state run.
We stopped for a quick photo shoot by a white lion carved out of coral to commemorate ...
We walked into Bridgetown today. Spent the day browsing the shops , shopping the shops . Lunch was at the Marina Restaurant and Bar..flying fish sandwiches!! A second round of shopping and back home for a quick swim. Joan and I took of shots of surfers while the guys returned for happy Hour. Tonight we'll get take out pizza and spend a relaxing evening at home.Our entertainment will be a slide show of the last 2 days ...
... United footballer Michael Carrick strolling along the sea front shops, wife and baby in tow.
We explored coast to coast. From the touristy South Coast including St Lawrence's Gap to Holetown and Speightstown on the West Coast and as the soon to be newly-weds were looking to move to the East coast we also got to see the more rural countryside on the East. Their chosen location is minutes from a stunning beach and acres of green fields. Very nice.
... 4 days of flights/waits/flights) so we were heading back to the
good ol' US of A again to buy a car and adopt a dog. Yup, that's right, we are adopting a dog. We've done a fair bit of research on breeds, and we've decided on a Doberman. Turns out these big fierce guard dogs are in fact, gentle, intelligent, obedient, affectionate protectors of people and property (more on this in a later post).
... beside the restaurant and a trio of local women were doing very good cover versions of Michael Jackson amongst others. Came back to the room where it sounded like they were doing encores on my balcony – looks like I won’t be sleeping tonight until the gig's over. Watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall on TV and had a few Mount Gays with Coke while I waited for the decibel level to recede, which was quite early (around 10-10.30pm).
Other places to stay in Barbados
Needham's Point, Saint Michael | 5 star hotelfrom $207
- Excellent hotel and wonderful staff
- First Class Resort
- Fantastic Hotel
Hastings, Hastings | 3 star hotelfrom $277
- Wonderfully ROMANTIC and GREAT Service
- Worst Service Ever Pathetic
- Splendid at the Savannah
PO Box 429, Paynes Bay | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Not very luxurious...
- Sadly disappointed
- Don't come here if you want good service
Rockley at Accra Beach, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $145
The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Porters | 4 star hotelfrom $273
- Nice Hotel
- Our day at the colony club
- Just loved it
Maxwell Main Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Not bad for what you get
- The worst hotel I've ever stayed in
- Recently Returned from Barbados
Rockley Beach 1, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- A Dump
- Beautiful, Friendly and Romantic....
- Would recommend!
Maxwell Coast Road, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $337
- Amemorable two weeks
- November paradise
- We've found paradise at the seabreeze
2nd Street, Holetown | 3 star hotelfrom $282
- OK hotel in a great position
- Best holiday ever, Have been TWICE
- Incredible staff
St. Lawrence, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $83
St James Beach, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $464
- Faultless - 11th September 2004
- The best hotel in Barbados
St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church | 3 star hotelfrom $102
- Good accomodations for the price, but........
- The Best Place I ever stayed.
St. James Beach Holetown Barbados, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Discovery Bay is A-OK
- Great place to stay
- Great Value
Palm Avenue , Sunset Crest | 3 star hotelfrom $103
Paynes Bay, St. James | Hotelfrom $280
- Friendly nicely presented
- Dinning in a sauna!!!!!!
- Poor mans hotel
Maynards, Saint Peter | 3 star hotelfrom $137
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Eigentlich nicht so toll
- Understated luxury for those in the know
- Shame about the Cruise Ships
Oldbury, Saint Philip | Hotelfrom $105
St. Lawrence Gap, St Lawrence Gap | 3 star hotelfrom $93
- Fantasic views, ideal location
- Had a great time at the Ocean South Gap
- Awesome view!
Holetown, St. James | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great place
- The best holiday we have ever had
Mullins Bay, Barbados | 2 star hotelfrom $50
Holetown, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Beautiful setting...
- Fantastic little hotel / "villa" complex
- Perfect for families and couples looking for relaxation!
Sunset Crest, St. James | 3 star hotelfrom $99
Paynes Bay, St. James | 4 star hotelfrom $281
- Stay at The House . . . Refinance yours!
- Great Concept, Staff, Just Needs a little Polish
- An Upgrade, but needs more attention
Long Bay, Saint Philip | 3 star hotelfrom $69