Royal Tulip Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... a scene and very crowded. I thought the Anne Frank House was popular, but the Red Light District was packed! We wandered there for a little bit, but we were also happy to get back to the "normal" side of Amsterdam. As you might guess, I can't/won't post many pictures from that district on the blog!
Tomorrow, we are off into the Dutch countryside to check out some of the smaller towns. Should be a lot of fun!
Oh my god, we have just woken up and it’s 12.15pm, jeeze that joint must have been gud schitt yah! With no better way to get going we had a 6 minute shower (that is the maximum water allowance one token gives you) and a bacon roll and got our walking gear on for a day in Bos Forest! We drive deeper into the forest away from ...
... a early 1900's vintage war plane while I was looking at a furniture exhibit, and he got busted for touching the plane's wing. His excuse? "There weren't any ropes around it!" I can't leave him alone for two minutes! :-P I also enjoyed an exhibit on Delft ceramics - the famous Dutch plates, tiles and vases decorated with the blue & white Chinese design popularized in the 1600's. We also went to the Van Gogh Museum. We say "van GO"; the Dutch say "van HHHOCK". No ...
... stores), red-light districts and churches. It is a distinctly colorful city. The only "head shop" I went to was the one that cut and colored my hair!
Two side trips we took were to Haarlem and Delft. At the New Church we viewed the huge pipe organ but missed the concert in order to make our next stop, Corrie Ten Boom's house. I had read Corrie Ten ...
... bar Luke was at. It was **** so we decided to walk back to the hostel. If we saw a decent looking place along the way we'd stop but if not we were just gonna have a few bevos at the hostel bar, which is again what we ended up doing. We all started to feel a bit relaxed but didn't realise at the time that that was the effect of the brownie. it wasn't a strong overwhelming feeling so we just figured the brownies were **** and didn't do anything. We had a few drinks and then went to ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Royal Tulip Amsterdam
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant