Royal Tulip Amsterdam
TripAdvisor Reviews Royal Tulip Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... our tour guide took those of us that wanted to on a walking tour through the Red Light District of Amsterdam. Bearing in mind that it was 3.30 in the afternoon we still saw lots of girls sitting in the windows. As we walked past a doorman outside a live sexshow he called out that he could give us a pensioner discount!!! What a laugh! As you can imagine we are among the youngest in our group! Then we were driven to our hotel. Wow what a very cosmopolitan and trendy hotel in the ...
After going to bed late we decided to start a little later and decide what we were going to do for the day. We headed into town were we caught the ferry to the northern side of Amsterdam which was more industrial. We arrived at the northern side after a quick ride and went to this big warehouse which was were artists could buy b,lacks and turn them into work shops. The place was huge and there was loads ...
... the commodity of prostitution being sold through shop front windows was the norm in Amsterdam but is looked down upon in most other cities. Our final day in Amsterdam has been the best day of our trip so far. The weather was perfect, a mild 25 degrees, the sun was beaming and the city and canals were bustling. We spent the morning walking from the city to the modern suburb of Jordaan, where we walked down each little alley way and took in the charm of this ...
... bits and pieces and can say that things are ‘mooi’ (nice) ‘leuk’ nice ‘lekker’ tasty and ‘vervelend’ which means dozens of things, amongst them boring, plaguesome and molestful?!
Now I know fine well where the phrase Double Dutch comes from…
To say it has been somewhat of a culture shock would be an understatement. On arriving in Australia and New Zealand, I at least had the language to keep ...
... to hurt anyone and it's not like people will die of starvation.
Rule 2. A shop that you smoke in is called a Coffee Shop...allowing complete deniability for patrons and even the local police ("Nothing illegal going on there...they're just smoking arabica beans")
Rule 3. Supermarkets are selling out of Doritos and there has to be more tax profit for Amsterdam from the coffee shop owner than from a street dealer.
Anyway...very tolerant people the Dutch. Particularly ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant