Royal Tulip Amsterdam
TripAdvisor Reviews Royal Tulip Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... Two hours previously, we had been basking in glorious thirty degree sunshine in Rome. Now, we were in a car driving through torrential rain beneath thundering skies and shuddering in bone chilling ten degrees Celsius! Urrrrrgh!
In summer?! I truly despaired. I realise I have been overseas for quite some time but not even I remembered July being so damn freezing, not even in Scotland!
Our home for the next wee while is a little town ...
... terrible! Don't judge us.
After we saw the letters, we were ready for some lunch. We chose a little cafe which advertised free wi-fi (which is always a plus for us since our phones don't completely work like they do in the U.S.). When our waitress walked up, she initially spoke to us in Dutch. After she observed us hesitate to speak she immediately said, "Or maybe you would prefer if I spoke in English?" Her English was perfect! It was so nice to not have ...
... work well too and eventually we found the Corniche - the beach esplanade. It was pretty hot by this time but we strolled along the waterfront where it is all nicely greened and shade sails interspersed along the pathways. There are sections of private beaches with lounge chairs under big umbrellas while further along are the public beaches. The water is clear and calm and didn't look to be very deep.
From there we went to the Al Marina Mall - a ...
... breakfast in another general kitchen/dining area at the end of the main entrance, each morning between 9 and 11am (kids particularly happy with these hours!). Our bedrooms are beautiful, we would be happy to stay inside for our full stay. But, hunger got the better of us, we hadn't had lunch yet and it was after 3pm. Jason recommended a cafe a few doors down (Greenwoods- English tea room and shop) and we had the most delicious meal (think a very ...
... decided that since we were in Amsterdam, we might as well be able to say that we have seen the Red Light District. What a sad experience. I feel so sorry for those young women but know that some would choose that lifestyle while others are trapped in it. It was quite chilly walking back to the ship. We were told that it was only a five minute walk from the ship but it took us about 25 minutes one way. Bed really felt good!!
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant