No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Leeds
... for Guy Fawkes day. For anyone unfamiliar, a dude named Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament in 1605 and failed. To celebrate his torture and execution, the people lit bonfires and the tradition has continued through the years. It's a bit odd, but then again so is Thanksgiving to the British. So anyway, we saw a huge bonfire and fireworks last night.
If anyone is wondering the weather is mid 50's and rain. Everyday. Really, it doesn't change. That just about covers it for now. ...
... feeling going to somewhere that you can't really imagine! I've looked at pictures for months of Vietnam and can't believe we will be there this time tomorrow! First stop is Ho Chi Minh city (formerly Saigon) which by all accounts sounds mental! I'm a bit concerned I may get run over crossing the road! There are even tips online of the best way ...
I found the old-fashioned merry-go-round in the market square and I had my first experience of Hot Roasted Chestnuts in a paper bag - I was very happy!!! I sat and ate them while watching the merry-go-round kids' fun! :-)
Overall, I was put off by the commercial nature of York, although I do understand that everyone has to make money somehow. I wasn't there long enough to get through that veneer and find ...
... at the time)
· Lulu ( a load of old rubbish, I thought)
· The Entertainer (Shirley Ann Field as the piece of crumpet, but not a great play)
· The Alchemist (I was really hooked on Elizabethan and Jacobean drama at the time)
· The Caucasian Chalk Circle (my first Brecht – and I still don’t like him)
· Blood Wedding (I had read this at school)
· The Relapse (more ...
... down the road from the railway station and were informed we had been upgraded to a King Suite. SWEET!
We had a quiet afternoon pretty much. I did this blog.
We went to a local pub for dinner before coming back to our hotel for a drink before bed.
Tomorrow we visit the relatives and Cathy will show me where she used to live.
I'm really looking forward to ...
Other places to stay in Leeds
Hunslet, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $87
- Terrible experience for business travel
- Good location and price
- Great base for weekend in Leeds
Armley, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $87
- Good value, little to fault
- False economy if you plan to go into the centre
- My Second Stay - Some Better Some Worse
Leeds City Centre, Leeds | 4 star hotelfrom $113
Leeds City Centre, Leeds | 4 star hotelfrom $126
- Superb & Central
- Super Hotel - Ideal for weekend break
- Hard to find but worth the effort
City & Holbeck, Leeds | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Make sure you don't get room 309!
- Very Impressed
Wortley, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Lovely Hotel
- Not bad at all!
- Great Hotel
City & Holbeck, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Great stay. Great location…
- It's OK
- Excellent Stay
City & Holbeck, Leeds | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Modern Spacious central hotel
Chapeltown, Leeds | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- The management were superb
- Clean & modern hotel, great location
City & Holbeck, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $105
- I like it
- It put a 'Damp'ner on the weekend
- Great weekend in Leeds
Hunslet, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $71
Hyde Park, Leeds | 2 star hotelfrom $89
Weetwood, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Leeds City Centre, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $83
- Good hotel
- Overpriced and undermaintained
Otley & Wharfedale, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $92
University, Leeds | 2 star hotelfrom $57
University, Leeds | 4 star hotelfrom $97
Whinmoor, Leeds | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Tingley, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $92
Leeds City Centre, Leeds | 2 star hotelfrom $57
Leeds City Centre, Leeds | 4 star hotelfrom $87
Halton, Leeds | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- High quality hotel
- Spectacular - Best in the UK if not beyond
Holbeck, Leeds | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Suite no so sweet!
- Very classy indeed
City & Holbeck, Leeds | Hotelfrom $34
City & Holbeck, Leeds | Hotelfrom $61
- Central & friendly