Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... you turn it and it catches the light it suddenly shimmers like mother of pearl.
This has been a summer of laughter and fun, of rain and sun, of old friends and new, of music, wine, and exploring, and it is with mixed feelings that I pack my bags for three months to dwell in sweet escapism and adventure.
I'm starting off with a month in Mexico, to visit a friend who has taken over ...
... seem that they take these more seriously than they used to. We all successfully passed and were allowed to continue on the cruise. We met our stewardesses and butlers. Ms. Lach is flirting with her butler,Jean from Mauritius and has challenged him to make her life wonderful. We will let you know how this works out. It was raining, so we went to sail away in the Observation lounge. There is a beautiful ...
... the words they followed along, hands over hearts while we played it....and I reciprocated when Lars played the Swedish Anthem. We had a wonderful time and they have suggested that next year we hand out the lyrics so they can sing along. I love that about our Swedish friends...such a great group! Here are a few photos from the ...
The tour today was a longish one, focusing on the Vasa Museum, Stockholm's old town, and the Ice Bar. We docked at Nynashamn at around 8:00 and immediately started boarding tenders (because of something "navigational")
Tendering used to be a big hassle, but HAL uses their own boats now, and they hold a lot of people and I think they’re relatively easy to get in and out of. The old way was harder. The water can be choppy ...
... so 3 games of rugby were exactly what we needed for a perfect day. The first game was Scotland vs. Italy for last place in the 6 nations, it wasn’t a great game but it got better for Luke with a green beer in his hand (and many more to follow). The next game was certainly the best for the day, Wales vs. France. As we can never follow the same team I took Wales and Luke took France. It was a fantastic game and we were both happy ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $2,200
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $176
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $307
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $1,399
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $207
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $865
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $147
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $865
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $35
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $176
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $1,100
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $121
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $122
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $150
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $132
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $186
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $122
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $224
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $129