Rollo Bay Inn
Travel Blogs from Souris
... Gables house is.
- This is the most touristy spot on the island by far with amusement parks, flintstone villages, paintball, etc etc…. in a word it is "Shlocky"
- Travel a little further down the road then head back to home.
- Have late lunch then down to the beach for a wonderful day swimming. Walking and reading.
Cabot Beach with it's lighthouse, red sand bluffs and beautiful sandy beach was a wonderful place to start the day! A little beach combing for treasures to fill our pockets and then we were off to travel along the Green Gables Shore. Our first stop of the day was Hostetter's Viewscape at French River. A beautiful scenic stop where you can see the farm meet the tide. The vistas stretch from farmland to harbour to sea! At New London we ...
... dollars. The bridge opened in 1997 and is a quick and easy way to access the island. It's not cheap to cross. It costs about $50 to cross on the bridge with an RV, but you only have to pay in one direction. If you want to save money, cross to PEI from New Brunswick on the bridge (free) and then return on the ferry (cheaper than the bridge I'm told). We are taking the bridge both ways for the convenience.
**Fun Fact ...
... sale, especially in the country. It seemed like every second house had a for sale sign on it.
- There are A LOT of skunks - thankfully, we didn't see any live ones, but we saw tons on the road and smelled quite a few
- Islanders love their lawns - they are perfectly cut and HUGE.
- Islanders love their churches - there was a church around almost every corner. And they even have signs stating "Church Traffic" to warn that you are coming ...
... view. It was an absolute relief to get the the end. The last few kms seemed to go on forever! I have no idea how people then get up and do the same again for multiple days in a row on some of the multiday treks but I guess they have trained a little bit more than me lol. Still an awesome day and another one off the must do list. Hooray!
The next day I bearly had the energy to speak. We continued driving north to Lake Taupo where we had been considering a skydive so we popped into ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Wheelchair accessibility