The Roebuck Hotel
Travel Blogs from London
We spent most of yesterday and today preparing and filling the Motorhome ready for our 4 week trip. This meant endless trips up and downstairs and in and out of the MH with bedding, towels, clothes etc etc.
Off to Black Horse farm nr Dover tomorrow and then the Tunnel to ...
... com/8ID-33 667-5O3VIU-1EXUK6-0/c .aspx ) ( http://emailfredolsencruises.com/8ID-33 667-5O3VIU-1EXUK5-0/c .aspx ) ( http://emailfredolsencruises.com/8ID-33 667-5O3VIU-1EXUK3-0/c .aspx ) ( http://emailfredolsencruises.com/8ID-33 667-5O3VIU-1EXUK4-0/c .aspx ) ( http://emailfredolsencruises.com/8ID-33 667-5O3VIU-1FBXBJ-0/c .aspx ) ( http://emailfredolsencruises.com/8ID-33 667-5O3VIU-1FBYUN-0/c .aspx ...
... and blue sky showed through. The items of interest along the way, apart from the usual villages and countryside, were a traffic diversion due to a truck accident and a dead badger. In Poole we parked near the harbour and looked out to Brownsea Island in the bay. Unfortunately the island was closed for Winter so this was as closed as we got to the significant location in Scouting history (first camp in 1907). There was a bronze ...
Monday we arrive at Heathrow Airport at 4:45am and breeze through customs. Some quick duty free shopping to acquire just the right amount of champagne for Christmas (7 bottles) then we are met by Stacey's youngest sister Nicole who has arranged Oyster cards for the public transport system which gets us to our hotel, the Premier Inn near Hammersmith, just west of London.
We get our rooms, ...
... to some of the better clubs, and although you won’t be fashionably late, you will be able to secure a table and avoid paying over the odds for entrance.
The Live Music Scene
London is a great place to be if you want an evening filled with the delightful sound of live music whether your interest lies in jazz or rock. One of the greatest things about music in the capital city is that there are often concerts played by well known ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience