The Roebuck Hotel
Travel Blogs from London
... a tea and we shared a panini, in the Costa. £10.27! Back home that would have been about £7.65, quite a difference. I used my iPhone as a personal hotspot in the car, so I could check and send emails...I love the technology. We passed a power station which doesn't look like it's used any more...I hope not, it's a dirty looking thing! About 4pm we called in to see Pat. It's so lovely to see her, and she was pleasantly surprised because she wasn't ...
Had a good flight, good landing, fast through passport control, luggage arrived quickly, met with car by Emma's parents, got down to Southampton quickly in time for 9am ferry - it's Cowes week so ferries are very busy - told to wait until 11am! No joy in persuading otherwise. Oh the joy of living on on Island - western Kenya to Southampton no delays - Southampton to Isle of Wight....... Anyway eventually they must have taken pity on us and we got on 10am - thank you Red Funnel! Happy ...
... we said goodbye to Angie we split into 2 groups - the way things turned out one group focused on 19th century things, and the other on 20th century things. One group went to the Kensington neighborhood which is part of a complex of buildings, museums, and institutions originally suggested by Queen Victoria's husband, Prince Albert. They went to the Science Museum and saw exhibits ...
... get down there and the platforms are 3 & 4, so back i go to the top get directions to Platform 1 and down I go to wait, by this time is 5.30, and I have 4% on my phone, after trying to stand incuispicually in the corner and hundreds of rush hour traffic coming by, I'm thinking how am I going to see her, check my phone, no service, 3%, 20 mins goes by and im starting to panic thinking I'm sure I'm in the wrong place, I think I need to go up - ask a cleaning lady if there is ...
... and Battersea Park, and within walking distance to major attractions like Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and Oxford Street. Very centralized location, so I'm excited to be in this flat.
For now I'm exhausted and overwhelmed with all the new stuff I've dealt with in the last few days, so tonight is going to be about sleeping and not much else. Hope this place turns out to be as good as I think it will be.
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, San Pancho | 3 star resortfrom $223
Fulham, Jacksonville | 2 star hotelfrom $184
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
60 Pentonville Road, London | 4 star hotel
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
44 Grosvenor Square, London | 4 star hotel
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Hammersmith, London | 4 star hotelfrom $197
- Good location for Apollo Theatre
- Good Value