Rodeway Inn Civic Center
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TripAdvisor Reviews Rodeway Inn Civic Center Roanoke
Travel Blogs from Roanoke
... back to childhood and makes a new friend of Otis (or was it Oscar?) and reveals to all that she wants to be reincarnated as an otter;
2) Jeanne looks and feels great;
3) Being silly, Jane falls down in kitchen and hurts bum (good thing that was all!),
4) Sue, Karen and Jane make it to the top of Peaks of Otter;
5) "Aflac" entertains everyone along with drying chicken feet;
6) and dead animals on the walls.
... one of the easiest creek crossings I've done. After crossing, we headed back up to finish off the loop and head back to the parking area. From here, we headed just a few miles north on the Blue Ridge Parkway and parked at Sunset Fields Overlook at mile post 78.4. From here, we got on Apple Orchard Falls Trail (#17) and started the hike down to the waterfall. In about a quarter-mile, the trail crossed ...
... trail. There was a section of the trail early on that ran through an area with decent visibility and we could actually see some changing leaves, but as we got higher, everything got more and more cloudy. At the summit, we could see almost nothing. I found a pretty red maple leaf that had fallen and got a picture of it on a rock - about the best fall foliage picture I could get up here. The trail continues on and ends at the ...
... it justice - they just don’t convey the immenseness of it. I followed the path, nearly a mile long, beyond the natural bridge to Lace Falls and by the time we were back, Minnie and I were both feeling pretty tired. By good fortune, there was a shuttle bus waiting to take us back up the hill. After all, two really long walks in one day is a bit much.
After that it was find a McD’s with good wifi access in Roanoke - no luck ...
What a great day hanging out in this city!!!
- Breakfast a local diner.
- Discovered "City Place", my fav cafe here - "BNG South".
- Drove around the Biltmore Estates - didn't see the house, as that's a full-day, $100 venture...very impressive.
- Found a Whole Foods market for my juice!
- Went for a massage.
- Walked around all day/night exploring the city; was gonna rent ...