Travel Blogs from Munich
... add up!
The next day Dean, Matthias and I decided to make the train journey to Weihenstephan brewery on Kev's recommendation. Weihenstephan was first brewed on the site in 1040, making it the oldest brewery in the world. We caught the train to Freising (again using Matthias' German skills), and walked the few kilometres to the brewery. It was a really pretty walk, however it started to rain half way through and I forgot to bring my umbrella! We missed the turn off to ...
... to find the Holiday Inn, Unterhaching, about 15 minutes walk from that station, along the railway line. Its an excellent hotel compared to Berlin, only 20 minutes from the city by train. Natalie did a great job finding it. Its air conditioned with two bedrooms, on different levels.
Tuesday morning, we had a bit of a sleep in, surfacing around 10.30. We walked around the nearby neighborhood of Unterhaching. Here we did some shopping for the next ...
Travelled Emirates from Mascot @ 06:00 via Dubai. Flifgts very satisfacory although the long haul leg on A380 better than the 777 leg due to a more modern plan and better facilities.
Local taxi waiting for us in arrival hall and 15 mins to Freising hotel which is quite satisfactory.
... ever replaced the wooden panels. Once we had taken well over the normal amount of photos we got a guides tour through the castle. Only 16 out of 60 rooms was completed because King Ludwig II died and as he owed lots of money the government took control of it and six weeks after his death in 1886 they opened it to the public for guided tours. Its a shame it was never completed because all the rooms were painted in such detail and with so much colour it would have been such a ...
Time for some history. Ludwig II became King of Bavaria at the age of 18 after his father Maximilian II had died suddenly. Because of his sudden death Maximilian had not prepared Ludwig to be King, and Ludwig did not enjoy the politics associated with being King in Munich so he would spend as much time as possible at Hohenschwangau Castle ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Ritzi Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $456
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $141
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $195
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $161
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $126
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $88
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $233
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $88
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $147
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $335
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $89
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $80
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $75
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87