Travel Blogs from Munich
... 50 Cent thrown in from my play list once in awhile (he is no doubt going to be a warped teen due to music exposure from me).
There are actually two castles located at the same "village" we were visiting today. In a perfect world, we were hoping to see both of them. It was a really busy day there though, so we ended up only seeing the smaller of the two, Hohenschwangau Castle. It was ...
... About half of the group is heading home while the rest are heading to different destinations in Europe including Spain, Italy, France, and Ireland. It has been a great experience for everyone and although we got to do some sightseeing, it was very educational and everyone has learned a great deal about the different European healthcare systems. Thanks so much for checking into our blog and following along with our adventures! Meagan Tycz and Alex ...
Today we journeyed from Vienna to Munich. We took the train (first class!) which was exciting as its been years and years since I've taken a long train as opposed to a metro. The ride was very comfortable, the seats were large and squishy with lots of leg room. Unfortunately, they didn't provide the wifi that I had thought they would provide so my plans of watching youtube were dashed. Fortunately, I had a few podcasts that ...
... shared a few laughs and a few beers in the middle of the street. They were fascinated that we were from Colorado, because they all were snowboarders. Likewise jake and I were fascinated by them and the places they had skied and traveled. Again, leaving friends an parting ways, we exchanged facebook information and headed back to our apartment. We got in around 2 am, making it a solid 16 hour day of drinking. You could say Oktoberfest was a success :) And yes I will be going back next ...
... I tried a pork knuckle I have never tried to eat so much pork in my life! (all I can say is OMG) and then off to a beer hall to drink a litre of beer! I tried to drink it, I really did but unfortunately I just can't drink beer :( one girl did ask for a lemonade, to which the waiter replied no we only have beer... Lol!) sadly there was only one night in Munich and off to Switzerland tomorrow via Liechtenstein, Austria and Germany so going through four countries in one day ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Ritzi Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $439
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $174
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $130
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $82
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $244
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $170
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $122
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $148
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $383
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $90
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $107
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $104
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $87
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $72
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $87