Travel Blogs from Munich
... everyone went crazy anytime anyone stood up and started chugging their stein. We all had a blast, but after a solid morning, I went back to our hostel with a few others to take a nap. We went back to Oktoberfest at night, and the place was awesome with all the lights, beer tents, and vendors. This really has to be the best festival in the world.
Sunday, on a completely different note, a few of us went to Dachau, one of ...
... one of the next stops which were much more comfortable. Arriving in Munich we struck up a conversation with the German across the seat from us about travel and Oktoberfest. He reckons we've arrived in the busiest weekend, where apparently all the Italians travel up and get smashed and we were warned of their reputation here. Furthermore, it turned out he was going to the U3 (orange underground "u-bahn" line) which conveniently was where Camping Thalkirchen ...
... I steared clear of some of the tourist traps I was recommended. Here's my adventure in Munich. I arrived at the Munich airport Monday afternoon from Copenhagen. It was only an hour and a half flight, so I was well rested from the night before. I gathered my bag quickly and gave Allison, my host, a call since she was meeting me. We went straight to a restaurant called AirBrau at the airport to meet a group of her friends. Apparently, this restaurant has its ...
... to this part of town so most of what I saw at the beginning of the first day would be new. One of the first big buildings we saw was the Justizpalast, or Justice Palace. We didn't go inside although the exterior was impressive. Across from the Justizpalast was the Wittelsbach Fountain, which was quite popular at the time, due to the hot temperatures that Munich was experiencing. Our first Church ...
... couple. The wife told Wesley "good job!" on the way he proposed. When we got back to Munich, we found the train information for our ride to Berchtesgaden. We went and had dinner at a local cafe and again had some starbucks. Using the wifi, we announced to the family that we were now engaged. The flood of congrats came in and it was all quite wonderful.
The train ride was not too long and when we arrived at Berchtesgaden we had trouble ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Ritzi Munich
Other places to stay in Munich
Altstadt - Lehel, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $337
- Great hotel in downtown Munich
- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad !
- Hot spot!
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $150
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotel$529 average
- Great Location and Big Comfortable Rooms
- Great Location and beautiful hotel
- Can't wait to go back
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $60
- Stay away!
- A central hotel
- Wait six months and then go
Terminalstrasse / Mitte 20, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Excellent in every way!
- Americans- wonderful hotel for a vacation to Bavaria!!!
- Beautiful, convenient, and down comforters to boot
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $142
- Perfectly nice
- Look at the view!
- Awful location, nice hotel
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $125
Obersendling, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $240
- Ultra-contemporary design temple with service flaws
- Too Much Tech, Not Enough Service
- Very nice...
Bogenhausen, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $99
- Modern, Great Hotel
- First Class
- A must to avoid
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $131
- Well, they lied, but they apologized
- Good value, positive overall.
- Nice but with some problems.
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $82
Westend, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $123
- Nice Business Hotel convenient for the U-Bahn
- Not bad - (Business Hotel)
- Expensive... Not Worth It!
Schwabing - Freimann, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Ideal for city break. Perfect location
- Good for a business hotel
- No surprises...exactly what you'd expect...
Schwabing-Ost, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Good for the price, but bad location
- Stay somewhere else...
- Very nice hotel, unbelievable breakfast
Au - Haidhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- A class act
- Wonderful location, first class hotel, terrific and helpful staff
- An average business class hotel
Graggenau, Munich | 5 star hotelfrom $307
- A Grand Old Hotel
- Very nice, but be careful what room they put you in
- Age shows
Messestadt Riem, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $84
Neuhausen - Nymphenburg, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $97
Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- VEry comfortable hotel, close to munich city center
- Un fantastico soggiorno
- Un piacevole soggiorno al Marriott Courtyard
Alte Heide - Hirschau, Munich | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Maxvorstadt, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $78
Neuperlach, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $88
Bogenhausen, Munich | 2 star hotelfrom $83
Bogenhausen, Munich | 4 star hotelfrom $81