Travel Blogs from Quebec
... appeared that bobbed to the surface before diving for more food. The boat then moved further out to try and spot a humpback. In the distance I thought a saw a water spout from one and as we got closer the boat slowed and waited. Humpbacks can dive for up to 20 mins to feed before they need to surface again to breathe so it was a waiting game but we were finally rewarded when one rose to the surface just off the port ...
... me in their coats and hats would have to sweat it out. No such luck, the sun did shine briefly, the tempratures rocketed to a balmy 15 degrees. Never mind because the morning was spent in the shopping malls, their are 3 large malls here and we wandered around doing a bit of shopping before heading into the old town for some sightseeing. The plan was to catch a sightseeing bus and do a tour but there ...
... even though it was the middle of July. When we returned, after about 3 hours on the water, we headed along the northern coast of the Saguenay, known as the Fjord route and made our way to Chicoutimi which is a part of the city of Saguenay. The drive was stunning with beautiful views of the cliffs in the Fjord and tremendous mountains. We stopped at a beautiful village to take pictures along the way. When we arrived it was dinner time and we found a burger restaurant at the ...
... where Sue and Ruby stayed to hear Emmy Lou Harris and Rodney Crowell. She said that they were great and it was a small venue so you could really see well. I headed back to the Hydro stage with the boys where there was some serious techno music. It was too loud for me so we wandered back to our place for the night. This morning Sue and I walked down to the Market for some fresh fruit and bread. After lunch we went to two additional museums -- Museum of the Habitation ...
... tried some delicious bread with maple butter. Our last stop was the Shrine of Saint Anne-de-Beaupre, a renowned pilgrimage site. The Basilica was a breathtaking structure built in 1922 after the original was burnt by fire. The interior was beautiful with mosaic wall and ceiling art. A mass started after our arrival and of course it was in French. We returned to the city and had a meal at a local Italian Restaurant and again the food ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Restaurant Copas Quebec
Other places to stay in Quebec
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
2440 Autoroute des Laurentides, Laval | 3 star hotelfrom $142
District de Hull, Gatineau | 3 star hotelfrom $109
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $133
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
6700 Trans Canada Hwy, Pointe Claire | 3 star hotelfrom $129
Downtown Quebec City, Quebec City | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Mediocre service and the mattresses are a nightmare!
- Service mediocre, location good
- Great in every way except a/c
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $114
Downtown Quebec City, Quebec City | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- If this is the best hotel in Quebec, that's troublesome...
- Good location/great price
- Fine Hotel near the Old City
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
La Cite, Quebec City | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- Perfect Hotel!!
- So Romantic!
- Wonderful experience!
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $136
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
La Cite, Quebec City | 4 star hotelfrom $207
- Not worth it!
- The Chateau Frontenac never disappoints!
- Five star it was not!
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $179
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
District Saint - Raymond - Vanier, Gatineau | 5 star hotelfrom $186
3045 Chemin de la Chapelle, Mont Tremblant | 4 star hotelfrom $187
- Great if you can get the View
- Great stay!
- Understated and elegant
181 rue Richelieu, La Malbaie | 4 star hotelfrom $171
La Cite, Quebec City | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Rude Doorman
- Damaged car while valet parking... still waiting to be paid
- A good choice - if you dont mind walking!
1200 Johnson St., Saint Hyacinthe | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Chomedey, Laval | 3 star hotelfrom $122
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $121
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $129
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance