Residence Zeus Piazza Vittorio
Travel Blogs from Rome
Thursday was more of a tourist day. I bought a panoramic city bus tour which was everything but efficient or on time. Despite the delays, I was able to see the Coliseum, Piazza Venezia, Fontana di Trevi, Piazza della Repubblica, Circus Maximus, the "Parliament" and many more... I was optimistic about not having any line ups in October for the Vatican, I guess I was wrong and I will try again tomorrow. Awww…the music just stopped. ...
... church from the 16th century. Its dome and vaulted ceilings are covered in frescoes painted by Baciccia, a student of Bernini.
My final sight (I skipped Piazza Navona this time) was Largo de Torre Argentina. This is the sunken remains of Roman temples from the 3rd to 2nd centuries B.C. Right in the middle of a busy intersection! You can’t walk around the ruins, but you can see down ...
... Definitely. Pictures and books don't do them justice. They
are grand in their scale. And beautiful in their detail and
craftmanship. A very pleasant day of sightseeing. And eating. And
drinking coffee. Rome is truly one of the great cities of the world.
03/12/2012 - Today we visited the Vatican. What can one say? Overwhelming in its
grandiosity. Opulent in its ...
... had to spend some time there! When we left the shop, we walked past Trajan's markets and then turned up Via Cavour. Xander had been asking about the metro for days, so we were heading (eventually) to Termini. We passed the back of the Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore (another obelisk!) and at Termini had another look at the ancient wall, both above ground and underground, where we had to go for the metro. It's odd seeing these sections of ancient stonework right ...
... t the case. I didn't have enough time to wait in line for a ticket to the Basilica, because I had to catch my train.
The Sistine Chapel was beautiful, though, and the Vatican museum had a massive amount of interesting art to see. I only had a day and a half in Rome, thanks to train delays after Barcelona. It was difficult to cram everything in, but I think I got to see the major highlights.
I liked seeing the Roman ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Residence Zeus Piazza Vittorio Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72