Travel Blogs from Prague
... s Jewish sites remained in tact so we can see them today.
Our private guide, Gabriela, was not Jewish, but she knew so much about Judaism and the history in Prague you would never guess she wasn't. She took us first to a memorial to the 78,000 Czech Jews who died in the Holocaust. The memorial was an old synagogue that had been converted into a museum. The museum was empty except the walls were covered with the names of every last Jew who died. It ...
We’re back full circle; Prague is a LOT warmer second time around. And after our taste the other cities we visited, Prague must still be the most stunning with its medieval architecture.
- I stayed two nights on campbeds in the apartment of 29-year old Lenka, which she shares with her Grandma during the winter months, and a large fluffy white ...
... her watching her youtube clips.. All sipping on our wine we finally made our way through the town and went to the restaurant for lunch. The town was actually really cute to walk through. We all sat down, we sat down next to a really lovely couple from Victoria so talked to them about their trip etc.. had a beer and some Czech food! I had beef goulash in bread bowl (tooo much bread and not enough soup) but it was nice, Ludlow had a mushroom soup and the girls had a beef goulash ...
... to a local restaurant called Lvi Dvur. We had a nice meal in the rooftop dining area of the restaurant. It is in a Renaissance building initially constructed in 1581. There have been many renovations since then of course - but we had a wonderful view of St Vitus Cathedral. The speciality of the house is suckling pig - so we indulged. Delicious. We tried local Czech white wine too - very nice. Then followed an amble home through the castle ...
... It is, in fact, apart of our travel experience and fortunately (So far) our worst encounter.
The best news? We made it to Prague!
Prague, Czech Republic Day One
Praha, at last! We collected our luggage and dashed out of the sweatbox train into Praha Hlavi N’dair Station. All of the hostel information is organized with addresses, reservations, etc. So we are easily able to find transportation or walk for check ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Residence Vita Prague
Other places to stay in Prague
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $121
Praha 9, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $56
- Great hotel, great price
- Great hotel
- Hotel OK, shame about the location
Praha 4, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great hotel
- A Huge Dissapointment
- Well worth the extra journey
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Solid 4 star
- A Good Choice
- A Very Pleasant Surprise
Praha 9, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $76
Praha 4, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Lovely Hotel
- Great location out of city centre
- Fantastic, good value, great standard hotel
Praha 6, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $66
- Pleased with our choice.
- Nice but not near the city center
- Great hotel
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $158
- Excellent Staff
- Great staff, great location.
- Fantastic hotel, Great Location
Praha 8, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Praha 8, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $114
- A 5 Nights' family holiday - smashing!!
- Lovely hotel
- Breathtaking Atrium, Irritating Corridor Music (sorry so wordy, summary at end!)
Praha 5, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $75
- Pleasantly Surprised.. :)
- 1st class
Praha 3, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $73
- Not All That
- Super! An outstanding hotel in a sublime area.
- Standard, edge of town Novotel
Praha 1, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $66
- Had a great stay...
- Pleased with the pyramida
- A Great hotel with easy access
Praha 4, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Praha 6, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Not your typical Holiday Inn
- Royal treatment at sensible prices
- Superb Hotel!!
Praha 5, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $48
Tlalpan Sur/South, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $50
Praha 1, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Great price & location
- Had problems..Very good location
- Great hotel
Praha 5, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- What a pleasant surprise
- Most hip hotel so far...
Praha 2, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $438
- Outstanding Hotel
- Perfect in Every Way
- Ultimate luxury
Praha 1, Prague | 5 star hotelfrom $133
- Great Hotel!
- Perfect for a short break
- Wow! What a fantastic hotel!!!
Praha 10, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $44
- Nice clean Hotel
- No Bedbugs
- A pleasant surprise in Prague
Praha 7, Prague | 4 star hotelfrom $53
Praha 8, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Praha 11, Prague | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Great, but be careful
- Great trip, but hotels a bit far from city
- Cheap and Clean for student travelling in Prague!