Residence Mini House
Travel Blogs from Rome
... ate. Ian and I decided to walk to see the Spanish Steps since in our walking tour we would not get to stop there. We arrived at the Spanish Steps and they were mobbed with people sitting on the steps. We could not get a good picture because of how many people were there. After seeing the steps we decided to head back to the hotel for the night. At the hotel we were still stuffed from the meal earlier so we did not eat any dinner. We ...
Thu 30th: Drove 3 hours to Rome and found our lovely apartment in Porta Furba in SE Rome about a 15-minute ride on the Metro to the city centre. Went to ...
... which I think a lot of people pass by. The dome height is exactly the width of the building. There is no glass or cover on the top of the dome. It is 9m in width. When it rains it pours in and the marble floor gets a little wet but it soon drains through holes in the floor. After our guided tour we returned to the square. We went up one of the many alleys, a group of us, and found a little restaurant and has bruschetta and lasagne and drink ...
... their frescos, their marble floors, and running spring water through the bottom level, and it was absolutely amazing to see so many places where the nobility and royalty and the commoners walked around. It was quite amazing. The only downside to this day was the extreme heat. It was one of the hottest days of the week, and the long clothes are not super comfortable on those days. This was followed by again, 4 hours of class.
... many bridges that connect the two sides of the city, particularly the Old Town area with the Vatican. Being on this cruise is good because I am able to see everything around me from a different view and it looks good from this view.
The cruise has now come an end that was a quick 2 hours 15 minutes and very enjoyable and I also had a nice meal as we cruised along. I am now ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
125, Via Vittorio Veneto, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Sannomiya Station, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $69
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Via Aurelia Km 8,400, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82