Residence Mini House
Travel Blogs from Rome
... and died in 1821; it is now a museum dedicated to his memory, full of memorabilia of the English Romantic generation.
6 On the 20th March, 1986, the first McDonalds restaurant in Italy was opened near the Spanish Steps. Protests there against fast food led to Carlo Petrini founding the international Slow Food movement three years later.
... in traffic is... let’s say, weird. On the minor roads there are lots of speed cameras. If it the speed limit is 50km an hour many people slow down before the camera of course and then immediately speed up to more than 100 km per hour while still being in a 50 km zone. I have never been cut of so many times as I have been in this country. People ride and drive like maniacs in the city as well, even the police. Being cut off is the rule rather than an exception. ...
... and the old ancient buildings in Rome are incredible. It's hard to believe they are still standing after all this time! The great Pantheon was included into the tour but unfortunately wasn't open due to the holiday. I definitely will be back before we leave!! The tour finished and we were both starving so we went and found somewhere to have dinner straightaway. I had a delicious seafood pasta with fresh mussels, clams and prawns. So good! We took the ...
... a climb of what felt like 500,000 stairs, we reached the apex. Being winded from the climb was not the only reason that I lost my breath! The view was breathtaking! I definitely had a moment on that hillside....absolutely stunningly beautiful. Some of the kids just sat by themselves and let it all soak in, some went into the fort; many photos were taken! I could have stayed up there for hours, but we had to be back in the village. Assisi is the home of Saints Francis and Clare ...
... the temple might be destroyed as many others were. Luckily it was saved and it 408 it became a secular building. In 609 Pope Boniface IV had it consecrated as a Christian church – the first pagan temple to be transformed in Rome – and dedicated it to St Mary and all the Martyrs. An altar was placed in the apse, surrounded by golden mosaic depicting crosses. Between 667 and the 16th century, the church was vandalized and robbed several times. The gold ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82