Residence Mini House
Travel Blogs from Rome
... here was to visit Pompeii and oh the best pizza in the world.
Pompeii was hit by volcanic ash and lava when Mt Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD. What is left of the city is remarkable. We spent hours here just walking around, definitely recommend it. There are tons of restorations going on at the moment, would be interesting to go back and see what they've uncovered in the future.
Troy was a genius and downloaded us some Rick ...
... a pedestrian area and there is sufficient space to see it from all angles.
We then made or way back past the Spanish Steps and up another fashionable shopping street (Via Del Babuino) to the Piazza del Popolo, a large open plaza with several churches adjacent. In the centre of the plaza is a large Egyptian obelisk, surrounded by 4 lions. Above the Piazza is a garden ...
... tourists during their Xmas/new years holiday until 7 January when everyone goes back to school etc. Trap for young players... We had dinner at a lovely little restaurant right by our apartment and then had what will be the first of many gelatos. Day 2 we got up early and headed to the Colosseum for opening time and no queues. Took a 3 hour tour around the Colosseum and Roman Forum, where we had a hilarious American tourist encounter. When I told the ...
... of the church and the statues the had, so for our first church that we saw in Europe, this was definitely a good one (might get sick of them before the end of our trip though). After this we got our first pizza in Rome, it was alright, still better then home but didn't make crave more (but I heard there are better pizza places outside Rome so will have to try more), and then after this we went back to the hostel and crashed at ...
... paintings (no photos allowed); the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain and dinner in the Piazza Navona with art stalls, live music and great atmosphere.
Paul refused to leave Italy without having an espresso and a macchiato. Both of which were extremely 'coffee' bitter (as one would expect).
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72